No announcement yet.

Production Serial Numbers and Model Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike in Maryland. Year 2001, Color Blue. Last six on VIN 213034.

Comment

Jay in Orange County, CA, 2003 Esperante (last six VIN 213009). I'm not sure what the official name of the color is but it's just like the old Jaguar Golden Sand color. Are there any other SoCal owners here?

Comment

Our GTLM is 2006 #13. It was finished with PPG Yellow Orion Pearl paint which was formulated for the Lamborghini Gallardo. It has two tone yellow and black seats and the small wing on the trunk lid. The paint is a crowd pleaser. In sunlight it shows greenish hues along with the metallic yellow. The car was on the Ford stand at the 2006 SEMA show in Las Vegas and then went out to a new dealer in Fresno, CA where it sat unsold for a long time. The Auto Gallery was the dealer, and I believe they are now gone. It took me over a year of "negotiating" with owner to sell it to me. Probably the only time in my life that I will buy a new car for $54M under sticker price. It was the only Panoz that this dealership sold. He even shipped it to me in Chicago at no additional charge.
        Attached Files
        2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

1P9PA1827VB213X04 1997 Green AIV Roadster is mine. Memphis, TN. Owned since new first by my father now me. 3100 miles. Replaced Roush wheels with BBS RK, custom made carbon fiber rock guards instead of the plain black ones, gear shift & gas cap replaced with bullitt aluminum with Panoz logo on it.
          Last edited by Panoz4; 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM.
          1997 Panoz AIV Roadster #4, 2011 MB GL550, 2012 BMW X3 35i Msport

Comment

Panoz4, Great to see an original owner on the site!! I have been looking for a bullitt aluminum gear shift knob with the Panoz logo on it. Do you have a source? I contacted the Panoz factory and they did not have any in stock. Any leads would be appreciated.
            IkeCan
            1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

I had replaced it years ago when I got the wheels, carbon fiber rock guards made & gas cap (back in 2000). Sorry I can't be more help but with them producing cars again I know they will probably will be making them again soon, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoz4 View Post
                1P9PA1827VB213X04 1997 Green AIV Roadster is mine. Memphis, TN. Owned since new first by my father now me. 3100 miles. Replaced Roush wheels with BBS RK, custom made carbon fiber rock guards instead of the plain black ones, gear shift & gas cap replaced with bullitt aluminum with Panoz logo on it.
                Beautiful color combo. When time permits, I'd love to see some pictures of those custom CF rock guards.

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
                  Panoz4, Great to see an original owner on the site!! I have been looking for a bullitt aluminum gear shift knob with the Panoz logo on it. Do you have a source? I contacted the Panoz factory and they did not have any in stock. Any leads would be appreciated.
                  Hi Ike,
                  not sure if this would be of any interest to you but if the factory has any in stock, I've seen some of the earlier Roadster owners use the billet shift knob from the Esperante in lieu of the billet version used on the AIV (see attached pics). Just a thought.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

I added a album with the pictures from after it was detailed for the winter back in September. I only have one of the carbon fiber rock guards. I will post more when I have time to upload some more pics to the computer.

Comment

Those are beautiful. Do they contain a treating that prevents the sun from "yellowing" them as many Roadster's with CF interiors have done (see pic)?
                      Attached Files

Comment

It was raw hand laid carbon fiber that they then clear coated. I have made sure to keep wax/sealant on it so that doesn't happen & so good so far.

Comment

99Panoz, great idea for the gear shift knob! Thanks for the tip!
                          IkeCan

Comment

The carbon fiber rock guards looks impressive. Definitely going in that direction when I need to replace mine.
                            IkeCan

Comment

Working...
                            X