AIV Roadsters Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munoz View Post
    I sent them( AcousticSolutions) the box and a check for $65. They disassemble the box, put a new driver in it and upgrade it to "new" specs. Then they put the box back together and respray it in the same material. It looked brand new when I got it. I did the work my self over many of these past winter weekends. Challenging is an understatement. If you plan to do it yourself, plan a lot of time to do it. I did it in the winter because I knew I would not be driving it. If you are interested in doing it yourself, I can give more details. David
    I pulled the cover off of the area that holds the subwoofer tonight just to see what would be involved in removing the sub from that tight little area. Looks as if you would have to pull the A/C line out going through the firewall and move a bunch of wiring, hoses, boxes, etc. to get it out. The amp is mounted on the side of the sub and it also appears that there is no way to get the sub out without separating the amp first. Problem is, the screws that hold the amp to the sub are also buried so getting to them would also be quite challenging. NOW I remember why I didn't elect to upgrade the stereo. I replaced the cover and went back inside and made me a sandwich.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 99panoz; 04-03-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

What color is your interior/exterior?
      Sorry for the delay getting back to you, Black Car / Black Top / Black Recarro's with red stitching.

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
        I pulled the cover off of the area that holds the subwoofer tonight just to see what would be involved in removing the sub from that tight little area. Looks as if you would have to pull the A/C line out going through the firewall and move a bunch of wiring, hoses, boxes, etc. to get it out. The amp is mounted on the side of the sub and it also appears that there is no way to get the sub out without separating the amp first. Problem is, the screws that hold the amp to the sub are also buried so getting to them would also be quite challenging. NOW I remember why I didn't elect to upgrade the stereo. I replaced the cover and went back inside and made me a sandwich.
        That looks like it. I really wanted my bass back so I suffered through it. Plus, it probably took me a month of a little here a little there. I completely understand.
        1999 Roadster AIV #013
        2007 Shelby GT
        2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
        2001 Crown Vic PI
        1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by PanozGTLM View Post
          Sorry for the delay getting back to you, Black Car / Black Top / Black Recarro's with red stitching.

No problem. I think red would be a good choice to powdercoat. Do you have a picture of your engine?
          Last edited by Munoz; 04-04-2011, 09:25 AM. Reason: spelling
          1999 Roadster AIV #013
          2007 Shelby GT
          2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
          2001 Crown Vic PI
          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

No problem. I think red would be a good choice to powdercoat. Do you have a picture of your engine?
            Sure do! here ya go. . .
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful! I believe that the CF covers would look great with that CF nose.
              Let us know what you decide to do and post some pics when you're done.

Comment

That looks like it. I really wanted my bass back so I suffered through it. Plus, it probably took me a month of a little here a little there. I completely understand.
                Did the rebuild of the sub improve the sound that much? Did you upgrade the amp as well or go back with the factory stock one? What other upgrades to the sound system did you make?

Comment

Sure do! here ya go. . .
                  NICE! I agree the CF covers would look good. I would also look at the CF intake pipe (03-04 Cobra) from JLT true cold air.
                  1999 Roadster AIV #013
                  2007 Shelby GT
                  2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                  2001 Crown Vic PI
                  1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
                    Did the rebuild of the sub improve the sound that much? Did you upgrade the amp as well or go back with the factory stock one? What other upgrades to the sound system did you make?
                    It did mainly because it had quit working. It is about the only way I can tell that the stereo is on. I went back with the factory Alpine although in hindsight I should have upgraded it being that it is so old now. I put new Boston Acoustics tweeters and midranges in the lower kick panels. They did make a big difference.
                    1999 Roadster AIV #013
                    2007 Shelby GT
                    2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                    2001 Crown Vic PI
                    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

NICE! I agree the CF covers would look good. I would also look at the CF intake pipe (03-04 Cobra) from JLT true cold air.
                      Thanks, not sure the intake pipe would work. I am not even sure how to figure out which K & N filter would work for the Esperante. I am into CF, my Esperante is the only one that has a CF center hub on the steering wheel.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I am thinking this is the one I would need???
                        http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/in...roducts_id=182

Comment

Thanks, not sure the intake pipe would work. I am not even sure how to figure out which K & N filter would work for the Esperante. I am into CF, my Esperante is the only one that has a CF center hub on the steering wheel.
                          Then that settles it. You gotta go with the CF overlays and CF CAI. The combo would make that engine bay really "pop" and yet still not appear too "busy". It would be well stated but yet not too overdone.

Comment

Look at my photo in post 32. The "base kit" only replaces the inlet from the TB to MAF. It would not affect the MAF and forward.
                            1999 Roadster AIV #013
                            2007 Shelby GT
                            2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                            2001 Crown Vic PI
                            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Look at my photo in post 32. The "base kit" only replaces the inlet from the TB to MAF. It would not affect the MAF and forward.
                              OK I spoke with JTL and both the Coil Covers and "base kit" for my car are on backorder. When I get them I will post pictures! Thanks for all the help. . .

Comment

OK I spoke with JTL and both the Coil Covers and "base kit" for my car are on backorder. When I get them I will post pictures! Thanks for all the help. . .
                                You will be happy with them. Jay makes some good stuff over there. Check out billetflow.com for some pullies if you are interested.
                                1999 Roadster AIV #013
                                2007 Shelby GT
                                2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                                2001 Crown Vic PI
                                1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Working...
                                X