AIV Roadsters Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIV Roadsters Count

I was just wondering how many AIV Roadster owners we have on this Board and what modifications have you made to your car?

Mine:
    1999 model and is the last yellow ever made.

Modifications:
    Ford Racing shorty headers
    Accufab Throttle Body
    Cross drilled rotors on all four corners
    Wooden steering wheel
    Ceramic coated exhaust
    Interior billet accessories which are found standard in the Esperante
    Custom billet plaque under hood denoting VIN # and manufacture date
    Custom tonneau cover for cockpit
    Attached Files

The wood steering wheel is AWESOME!

Comment

Thanks, it was definitely needed with the wooden console and gauge set.

Comment

You have one of the best Roadsters Ive seen.

Comment

Love the steering wheel. I remember someone I think it was WMU on the site posted some pics of a sick looking Black AIV parked on the road that had a short speedster style windshield. I really thought that car was cool but that a wooden steering wheel with a classic looking aluminum center-wheel would have looked better on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarity View Post
            You have one of the best Roadsters Ive seen.
            Thanks. It has never seen a drop of rain, garage kept and it still just has 1,300 original miles on it after 10 1/2 years. I'm hoping to have it finally broke in by 2025'.

Comment

nice

Did you look at the JBA tubular exhaust and if so what tipped you in favor of the Ford exhaust?
              1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
              2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
              3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
                Did you look at the JBA tubular exhaust and if so what tipped you in favor of the Ford exhaust?
                Actually I didn't look at the JBA. Not for any particular reason, but when I was ready to purchase my headers, they were in stock and readily available from FRP. FRP's catalog said that they would just bolt right up with no problems. WRONG..........come to find out Ford had made a few engines with different EGR port locations and thus my nightmare began. Not sure how those JBA's would have worked out in regards to the EGR problem either but if I ever had to do over again, at least I know what to look for from whichever manufacturer I would choose.

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
                  Actually I didn't look at the JBA. Not for any particular reason, but when I was ready to purchase my headers, they were in stock and readily available from FRP. FRP's catalog said that they would just bolt right up with no problems. WRONG..........come to find out Ford had made a few engines with different EGR port locations and thus my nightmare began. Not sure how those JBA's would have worked out in regards to the EGR problem either but if I ever had to do over again, at least I know what to look for from whichever manufacturer I would choose.
                  Interesting. I didn't realize there was an issue with the FRPs. This site is one of the few I've seen that differentiates between 96-97 and 98s for the JBAs.

Note that there's a difference in the image of the two JBAs if you look closely but they don't seem to make any distinction on the FRP.
                  1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
                  2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
                  3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
                    Interesting. I didn't realize there was an issue with the FRPs. This site is one of the few I've seen that differentiates between 96-97 and 98s for the JBAs.

Note that there's a difference in the image of the two JBAs if you look closely but they don't seem to make any distinction on the FRP.
                    The FRP header is just like the one shown as the 96-97 JBA. I needed the one like the 98' JBA shown. Could have saved me a LOT of trouble. I called FRP's hotline (which btw are GREAT people to deal with) and told the guy my challenge and reminded him of what FRP catalog description said regarding the fact that they were "direct replacements for the stock manifolds for the 1996-2002 vehicles". He said that they were aware of the differences and that all 98's weren't the same and that there were just a few of the ones like mine that was in the marketplace. I said why didn't you put this in your item description and he said that "there were so few of those out there, it didn't warrant them changing their marketing materials". I did some research and found out that Kenny Brown Racing had made up a few EGR tubes that had been redirected to accomodate the bastard port and had them for sale. I later found out that Kenny had some health issues and was no longer in business. I ended up getting an engineer from Panoz who is an excellent welder himself to cut, redirect and reweld my EGR tube. BTW, the passenger side has no challenges on its install.

Comment

Hello. On my '99 Roadster I have done: drilled rotors, nitto tires, accel coils FRPP wires, converted air box to straight k&n filter, new boston acoustics speakers and had sub box rebuilt by SubSolutions (by the way it was a good deal $65 to rebuild it). Hopefully soon I will be adding Underdrive pullies and a custom SCT tune. Right now it puts down 264 RWHP. David
                      1999 Roadster AIV #013
                      2007 Shelby GT
                      2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                      2001 Crown Vic PI
                      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by Munoz View Post
                        Hello. On my '99 Roadster I have done: drilled rotors, nitto tires, accel coils FRPP wires, converted air box to straight k&n filter, new boston acoustics speakers and had sub box rebuilt by SubSolutions (by the way it was a good deal $65 to rebuild it). Hopefully soon I will be adding Underdrive pullies and a custom SCT tune. Right now it puts down 264 RWHP. David
                        Welcome David how about posting some pictures of the car and the mods.

Comment

Thank you. I will take some tonight and post them tomorrow.
                          1999 Roadster AIV #013
                          2007 Shelby GT
                          2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                          2001 Crown Vic PI
                          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

DSC_0388.jpg Hopefully this worked
                            1999 Roadster AIV #013
                            2007 Shelby GT
                            2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                            2001 Crown Vic PI
                            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII