No announcement yet.

AIV Roadsters Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both! This is very exciting and I would like to be counted in on a set of the plug covers (as long as it does not say roadster) for my Esperante.

Comment

You are right, those covers are bad a**! I have an email out to a place that might be able to do them. The Esperante have different covers than the Roadsters. Covers should look similar to the ones in this photo.
      Attached Files
      1999 Roadster AIV #013
      2007 Shelby GT
      2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
      2001 Crown Vic PI
      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by Munoz View Post
        You are right, those covers are bad a**! I have an email out to a place that might be able to do them. The Esperante have different covers than the Roadsters. Covers should look similar to the ones in this photo.
        You are correct, I just checked a photo of my engine. Where can I get covers for my 4.6 supercharged Esperante motor? Less expensive as this on: http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...p/m-6067-a.htm
        Last edited by PanozGTLM; 03-30-2011, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Depends on the look that you're going for. If you like CF then these seem pretty reasonable:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/96-...erlays-p-22823
          Last edited by 99panoz; 03-30-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Also try blueovalindustries.com. Most ones available either have Ford or SVT on them. The place I bought the red ones from do not make them anymore.
            1999 Roadster AIV #013
            2007 Shelby GT
            2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
            2001 Crown Vic PI
            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
              Depends on the look that you're going for. If you like CF then these seen pretty reasonable:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/96-...erlays-p-22823
              Those are for the 99+ engine blocks, different heads, intake, fuel system, etc. Have you seen any of those for our '98 blocks/valve covers? I've not been able to find any.
              Last edited by 99PanozAIV; 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM.
              1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
              2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
              3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

From Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SI%3AUS%3A1123

I just bought these on ebay for $40 and I have a friend who does powder coating. I just don't have any idea what color to do them in. . .

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
                  Those are for the 99+ engine blocks, different heads, intake, fuel system, etc. Have you seen any of those for our '98 blocks/valve covers? I've not been able to find any.
                  Yes, I know they won't fit our 98' engines but PanozGTLM asked where he could get covers for his Esperante motor that was less expensive than the Ford Racing covers so I showed him those in case he likes that Carbon Fiber look. I have never see any "real" CF covers for our engines however I did find a company who does a CF paint job that looks pretty impressive and the beauty of his work is that it won't yellow as real CF does. If you removed your stock covers and sent them to him, I doubt it would cost very much to get that CF look. His link is below and please post some pics if you decide to go this way.

http://www.southeastcarbonworks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Munoz View Post
                    Hello. On my '99 Roadster I have done: drilled rotors, nitto tires, accel coils FRPP wires, converted air box to straight k&n filter, new boston acoustics speakers and had sub box rebuilt by SubSolutions (by the way it was a good deal $65 to rebuild it). Hopefully soon I will be adding Underdrive pullies and a custom SCT tune. Right now it puts down 264 RWHP. David
                    David,
                    what exactly did Subsolutions do as part of their rebuild and how well did their work improve the sound? As we both know and PADC will admit, the sound systems in those cars left a lot to be desired. I looked at removing my sub once and it looked as if it would be rather somewhat challenging to get to as it was pretty well stuffed in there behind the firewall. Did you remove it yourself? What was the process to upgrade? Did they reuse any of the existing components or the cabinet of the original sub?

Comment

I sent them( AcousticSolutions) the box and a check for $65. They disassemble the box, put a new driver in it and upgrade it to "new" specs. Then they put the box back together and respray it in the same material. It looked brand new when I got it. I did the work my self over many of these past winter weekends. Challenging is an understatement. If you plan to do it yourself, plan a lot of time to do it. I did it in the winter because I knew I would not be driving it. If you are interested in doing it yourself, I can give more details. David
                      1999 Roadster AIV #013
                      2007 Shelby GT
                      2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                      2001 Crown Vic PI
                      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by PanozGTLM View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SI%3AUS%3A1123

I just bought these on ebay for $40 and I have a friend who does powder coating. I just don't have any idea what color to do them in. . .

What color is your interior/exterior?
                        1999 Roadster AIV #013
                        2007 Shelby GT
                        2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                        2001 Crown Vic PI
                        1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
                          Yes, I know they won't fit our 98' engines but PanozGTLM asked where he could get covers for his Esperante motor that was less expensive than the Ford Racing covers so I showed him those in case he likes that Carbon Fiber look.
                          Ah, so once again, geezing gains the upper hand over me.
                          1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
                          2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
                          3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Originally posted by PanozGTLM View Post
                            You are correct, I just checked a photo of my engine. Where can I get covers for my 4.6 supercharged Esperante motor? Less expensive as this on: http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com...p/m-6067-a.htm

Modularmustangracing.com has some that say "32V SUPERCHARGED" for $120
                            David
                            1999 Roadster AIV #013
                            2007 Shelby GT
                            2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                            2001 Crown Vic PI
                            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

They do not have these FYI

I ordered these about 3 weeks ago, never received them. called they said they do not have the Supercharged Covers only Turbo? There Website has many
                              items they do not have instock...

Modularmustangracing.com has some that say "32V SUPERCHARGED" for $120
                              David

Comment

Thanks for the update. I have been in that situation before and it is very irritating. Especially when they know it is gone and they do not remove it.
                                david
                                1999 Roadster AIV #013
                                2007 Shelby GT
                                2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                                2001 Crown Vic PI
                                1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Working...
                                X