No announcement yet.

Replacement parts...Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still tracking down a full set of LED lights but this site has the standard red/clear/amber lights fairly cheap (~$6-$15/ea):

Comment

@Ikecan: do you remember how you took the steering hub off? I removed the bolt and washer but couldn't pull the hub off. I did see two threaded bolt holes that seemed to me like a way to wedge the hub off (using two long bolts and just threading the hub up) but figured I'd ask first.

Comment

Took all the running lights out to get a count.

(3) x2 connector (2 rear turn, 1 reverse)
        (4) x3 connector (2 front turn, 2 rear brake)

Tracked down a supplier of the connectors (still out of the UK):

This one sells the male and female connectors separately (only UK delivery):

Sealed Econoseal automotive plug and receptacle connectors available in 2, 3, 4, 6 and 13 ways.

This one sells as a set (but will ship to US):

Vehicle Wiring Products and Automotive Electrical Supplies. High quality wiring looms and wiring harnesses in classic and contemporary styles. Made in Britain.
        Last edited by sshrum; 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshrum View Post
          @Ikecan: do you remember how you took the steering hub off? I removed the bolt and washer but couldn't pull the hub off. I did see two threaded bolt holes that seemed to me like a way to wedge the hub off (using two long bolts and just threading the hub up) but figured I'd ask first.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9076277...in/photostream
          The best way is to get a wheel puller. The puller will have bolts that will screw into those holes. Then you use a wrench to torque the puller bolt which pushed against the bolt that holds the wheel on the shaft. You should be able to get one under $20ish at Autozone or other car parts store.
          -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
          -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
          -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
          -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
          -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
          -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Oh - I meant to thank you for those details on the taillight and upper stop light!
            -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
            -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
            -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
            -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
            -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
            -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

The quick release steering wheel was installed on the car when I bought it. I am the second owner. My understanding was this particular car was built with the quick release steering wheel. By the way, my horn is not on the steering wheel. I have a horn button on the dash.
              IkeCan
              1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

The new mats are a bit better than the originals. They embroidered down the mat around the stitching so you shouldn't get the fuzzy-ness like you see in my original front photo below:

Original on the left, new one on the right:
                Front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9076277...in/photostream
                Back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9076277...in/photostream

Comment

Here is a shot of the rear caliper and brake pads...I'm switching my pads out to ceramics (I already have drilled/slotted rotors installed):

Not sure what the ink'ed markings are for...my Internet searches didn't match anything.

Comment

Was going thru my 99 roadster and 99panoz asked me the fuel filter type and part #. The one I had written down via some website wasn't what I saw in my roadster.

Mine was a Motorcraft fg-986

Comment

Econoseal connectors in the US... just ordered a set of males for the LED lights I got.

Comment

If you want to change your NAS lights to LED versions, Wipac makes them. Only downside is that they don't make a 3 wire amber so I'm going to order 2 more stop/tail and see about baking the bond loose to then put amber lenses in. So far I've done all the back lights and no fast flashing.

Eastern beaver has the Econoseal J connectors so you can wire the new lights directly into your car without cutting (you'll need a open barrel crimper):

Last edited by sshrum; 12-20-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

The studs and buttons on the roadster soft top are the Tenax "Made in England" vs the Tenax "Made in Germany"...these two are not interchangeable. Eagleday.com (USA) carries both.

Comment

Good stuff...thanks for posting it all up.
                            1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
                            2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
                            3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Working...
                            X