Replacement parts...Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement parts...Roadster

Did the Cars and Coffee meet in Irvine and got to meet the -then- heads of marketing and sales, Jack and Russell. AWESOME.

Did you know "Pan-oz" in Russian means Diarrhea? Yeah, that's just some of the tidbits I got.

Anyways...

- Trunk hinges: these seem to be very common to those on the 3100 Austin-Healeys although I've seen them on a lot of cobra replicas.

- Trunk handle/lock: the hood latch that they are using on the cobra replicas is a perfect replacement for the trunk handle on the Roadster.

I had a side running light lens pop off and had to track that down. Grote is the company that did these; http://www.grote.com (luckily the other lens was still in place as this info is nowhere on the underlying assembly). They deal with vehicle safety systems. I have a email in to them to see if they can get me another one.

As I find more stuff, I'll try to consolidate it to this thread.

Napa auto carries the grote products as does a number if other distributors. Got mine from Fleet Services off Miraloma in Anaheim. They sell both the complete assembly (PN 45933) ~$5 as well as just the lens (PN 90203) ~$2
    Last edited by sshrum; 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Matworks still has the template for the mats. $99 for the mats and $14 for the embroidery. I'm ordering two sets

Edit: 3 sets...Robert also wants a pair
      Last edited by sshrum; 02-04-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I've ordered 1 Wipac LED light (amber) to see if the size and everything else is kosher to switch out the existing brake/turn/reverse lights with their LED versions. I've also ordered a LED version of the side running (clearance) lights (http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Ligh...s/MCL31AB.html) and will try to install them. I'll post as things progress.

Comment

Interior steering column is off a 94-98 Mustang Cobra (per my conversation w/ John Leverett). I'm researching steering wheel quick releases. NRG is in the process of producing a hub that will fit these but do not have one as of yet. Momo does however (pn 2545), it will stick out a bit for about $85.

Comment

My '98 has a quick release steering wheel on it. I do not know the manufacturer. I will take a picture of it and post. Hopefully, it will help.
            IkeCan
            1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Thanks...any info would be great. I ordered a Nardi wooden Kallista wheel (saw this on Robert's Roadster and loved it) and when I take off the stock wheel, it'll be a perfect time to take care of the quick release.

Comment

Tell me about Matworks?

thnx! Doc, Atlanta

Comment

http://matworks.com/ Just give them a call...when you order the mats make sure you specify that you want the embroidery as well.

Comment

Well the NRG quick releases are designed on a MOMO layout and the hub on the 99 Roadster is a Nardi Personal hub so no go HOWEVER the good news is that are Momo to Nardi spacers that can be used to solve this problem for like $30. http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...Code=WB-010038

Comment

Here are some parts that I had discovered over the years:

Third brake light from the Ford Taurus

Tail lights from a Land Rover

Side view mirrors from the Mazda Miata

Sun visors from the BMW Z3

Windshield of the Roadster comes from the VolksWagen Super Beetle
                      -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
                      -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
                      -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
                      -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
                      -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
                      -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Nice info on the third brake light. I hadn't seen that anywhere else. Any idea what year?

As for the Tail lights...specifically a Land Rover Defender NAS edition. Wipac still manufactures lights for this.

Comment

Found out the year: 96-05 Taurus, Sable Wagon.
                          Last edited by sshrum; 02-16-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Attached are pictures of the quick release steerting wheel on my Roadster.

Sm2.jpg

Sm4.jpg

Sm6.jpg
                            IkeCan
                            1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

That's nice (need to get some bigger photos...can't really make too much out). The NRG spacer and release makes the steering wheel stick out about another 3-4 inches which might not seem like a lot but I can't reach the turn signal wand without removing my hand from the steering wheel now. NRG has told me they are working on a short hub for the Mustangs but won't have anything for a month or 2 which will allow me to get back the 3 inches that I gained on the release.

Comment

Working...
                              X