Panoz - Location Renovation - New Phone Numbers & Mailing Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Second Wind View Post
    To answer your question, no, I personally do not think owning a Panoz is a requirement for participation in the forum.
    I appreciate that, but you may not be in the majority.

Plus, on a positive note, based on some of your previous posts in this forum, it appears you possess a certain amount of respect for what the Panoz family and the extended family employed at Panoz, the company, have achieved.
    Not a certain amount, but a massive amount. So many dreamers and talkers plus SSC's kit-car and fascination of beating Bugatti in a straight line. But Panoz, a family that could have just sat back on its family wealth had a passion and didn't just talk....but did. Briggs Cunningham, Fritz Maytag, Danny Panoz. Mad respect and admiration for these guys.

However, I would like to comment on the manner in which you have recently participated in the forum. Since you are a history teacher, I’m fairly certain you are familiar with the common saying “History repeats itself”. The information gleaned from an internet search for “ishigakisensei” certainly seems to support that theory.
    The issue, as I see it and is borne out by the posts below your's and above my response, is that many on here are upset that someone you know did something silly and unprofessional that was called out by someone that you don't know. People refuse to accept that 16 repeated posts out of 26 at the only place with people who actively care about Panoz congregate - and is pretty dead anyway is silly, spamming, unnecessary, unproductive, and unprofessional.

Just how many new members have signed up recently? At least at WCF, there has finally been a story about the resurrection of Panoz where I posted a response linking here. Screaming at the converted, especially when the factory itself hasn't been too warm and cuddly isn't going to help things. This is what I mean by posting facts.

Apparently, you have graced multiple automotive forums with your presence. In doing so, you have been eagerly willing to share many of your the-world-according-to-ishigakisensei thoughts from your seemingly endless bounty of drivel.
    Ummm, EVERYTHING posted at car forums is ephemeral and drivel. These places are a diversion from real life - entertainment. Sure, there is some information gathering and sharing, but anyone who lives vicariously through a car forum....especially one so dead as this one, well....I need not continue pointing out the obvious.

Nor do I need point out how inaccurate your accusations are that I called anyone "stupid" or an "idiot". I did call John unprofessional, and I fully stand by that, because he was unprofessional. You won't see any forum for luxury goods accept someone with 26 posts and 16 being the exact same thing as being professional. Personally a good guy - yeah maybe, but this is business.

As I stated in a previous post, it’s not what you say so much as how you say it.
    I speak plainly sir - online and in real life. Beware the loveless critic and the uncritical lover.

As for your thorough and exhaustive research of me, let me correct your facts - I was denied "fastvair" because I frequent a Corvair board where the owner of fastvair was banned from and I continue to speak of it highly. He's bitter. I was banned from "csportcoupe" for criticizing the owner for opening the board up to any troll kid or spammer and cheapening his product. The site imploded shortly thereafter and the owner still maintains his temper tantrum refusing to release the information posted there no matter how much money has been offered.

So yes, facts are very important to me but apparently not so much to others.

Your lack of respect for others, your I’m-the-smartest-guy-here attitude and your faux “facts” stated with a self-anointed importance diminishes, if not totally eliminates, any respect for you and your comments.
    I don't know John, but all I know is what I've seen here. He has not acted HERE professionally. His actions have not been worthy of respect and this incidence is not worthy of respect no matter what he has done in the past not may do in the future. Not appreciating spamming makes me have "I’m-the-smartest-guy-here attitude"? No, I just cannot see any veracity in your charge whereas my observation of 16/26 being spam has more than a grain of truth.

I am not attempting to drive you from the forum.
    Again, I think that you will find yourself in the minority

Now, are you going to let history repeat itself and lash back with another avalanche of snide comments? Or … I guess we’ll see what happens.
    Look, most humans hate to face the Truth. Its painful and it may take the realization that one need change. I'm a forthright person and I make no apologies for that, I have no shame in my online history, nor feel in need to become inauthentic just to make others feel more comfortable.

You have given me a thoughtful reply and I have responded in kind out of respect for you. I hope that I have corrected some misconceptions that you hold as it is clear that you are far more thoughtful and actually seem to care about the vitality of this place and the Panoz marque than others here.

Comment

16 of 26

ishigakisensei,

You really seem to stuck on the 16 of 26 spamming posts...
      PLEASE GET OVER IT!

In fact I may be a little responsible for his posting with my "Save the Date" Thread. Some of the members here may have felt slighted since they did not get the "invitation" by direct E-mail. You need not trash John Leverett. I believe that he was just tryoing to get the wrod out. In the past John has been really helpful supplying me with factory production numbers which I posted here. Also he provided me with the known history on a few Panoz cars for sale on the used market I was considering.

And Finally congratulations for being banned, and very proud of, from other automotive bulletin boards.

Comment

I have nothing but respect for John. Without John there likely would not be any Panoz cars on the road. He has always been helpful and willing to answer my questions. I would like to see more posts from John in the future. Let's encourage him and other who are associated with Panoz to post!

His intent was to get Panoz contact information to us....I appreciate this and hope he sends updates as Panoz begins to produce cars again. It would be great to see pictures and posts on cars as they build them.
        IkeCan
        1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
          I have nothing but respect for John. Without John there likely would not be any Panoz cars on the road. He has always been helpful and willing to answer my questions. I would like to see more posts from John in the future. Let's encourage him and other who are associated with Panoz to post!

His intent was to get Panoz contact information to us....I appreciate this and hope he sends updates as Panoz begins to produce cars again. It would be great to see pictures and posts on cars as they build them.
          I have met with John in the past and I agree with everything you said! Good luck John and the current Panoz team! Long live PANOZ!

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Bob E View Post
            ishigakisensei,

You really seem to stuck on the 16 of 26 spamming posts...
            PLEASE GET OVER IT!
            You guys really seem cool with spamming. OK.

Also he provided me with the known history on a few Panoz cars for sale on the used market I was considering.
            Doesn't change this incidence of a lack of professionalism. Where are the new members? The most activity this site has seen in months is John spamming, me calling him out on it, and his posse of friends jumping to his defense without considering the factual nature of my posts.

And Finally congratulations for being banned, and very proud of, from other automotive bulletin boards.
            Hey, many places are like here - primitive tribal thinking. Such is human nature to defend one of the herd against one not known no matter the facts. My most chimerical ban was at Automotive Forums and stems from being called a racist due to saying that the Japanese are better drifters due to having done it longer. My wife is Japanese and I have two biracial children holding dual passports, but I was banned for being a racist against Japanese people, so yeah, I am not so much proud but emotionally detached from tribalistic forums full of highly emotional members.

=====

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
            Without John there likely would not be any Panoz cars on the road. He has always been helpful and willing to answer my questions. I would like to see more posts from John in the future.
            If so, then I too wish John the best and I have no problems with people posting here (more traffic with interested like-minded people would be nice) and John need post relevant/interesting/amusing information only once. We'll all see it and gladly/quickly read it.

Let's encourage him and other who are associated with Panoz to post!
            I've done just this outside this board to drum up interest. Panoz cars are not perfect, but their efforts deserve far more respect than what Victor Muller has done with Spyker and what Nikolay Smolensky ever did with TVR.

His intent was to get Panoz contact information to us.
            I do not question his intent only his methods. This site is dead so no post can possibly escape notice.

I appreciate this and hope he sends updates as Panoz begins to produce cars again. It would be great to see pictures and posts on cars as they build them.
            I too would enjoy some behind the scenes/exclusive information. Pictures would be great too. Whomever is the admin at this site can configure (most forums can be configured) a forum that can only be seen by registered members and this could be a place for exclusive offers/information.

People don't buy what you sell. They buy what you believe. Harley-Davidson makes mechanically inferior motorcycles but that is not what they sell. Tesla is selling cutting edge technology and this is not something that Panoz can ever match. Panoz needs to focus on selling an experience that only their cars can provide - in a way that buying American via a Corvette or Viper cannot - perhaps an American version of a TVR/Caterham whereby the cars are for real enthusiast drivers who want to feel the experience in ways that even Porsche is going soft on.
            Last edited by ishigakisensei; 03-22-2014, 06:38 PM. Reason: added reply to other comment rather than making two replies

Comment

Working...
            X