Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had an interest in having an annual event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck...I'm down just to rummage thru their parts bin and archive storage.

I'd also like to take the race class...since I'm there.

Comment

Do not think they have the race/driving school anymore...

Pretty sure that went away along time ago...Doc

Comment

I am a little worried that November in GA may be too cool. Most of us driving Roadsters never use the top. In fact, I have one but the only time it was on the car was when I was buying the car.
        IkeCan
        1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

We should also look at alternate carrier transportation as some will not drive that far
          But may ship car to factory a head of time.

Comment

I agree, I probably would not make the drive to GA in the Roadster.
            IkeCan

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
              I am a little worried that November in GA may be too cool. Most of us driving Roadsters never use the top. In fact, I have one but the only time it was on the car was when I was buying the car.
              According to The Weather Channel the average high for November in Atlanta is 64. It likely was even warmer than that this past November as we have seen very little cold weather here in Atlanta this entire winter.

With the exception of the last few days, most people here have been wearing short sleeve shirts since last March.

Comment

Sounds like November would work, we are seeing much warmer winters now.
                IkeCan

Comment

Originally posted by dogdoc97 View Post
                  Hell my wife and kid were excited, really more my son,lol...

I am planning NEVER TO SELL THIS CAR unless my kid cannot eat one day b/c biz is so bad; otherwise he can bury me in it! Dogdoc
                  Looks as if they're (the wife & kid) going to have to draw straws to see which one's going to have to ride in the trunk, lol.

I can't count how many times I've said this very statement......and if I could figure out a way to be buried in it I actually would. I just love my Roadster that much.

Hey Dogdoc, do you think your salesman at Butler Tire would contact the customer that had the Roadster in for the wheel change to see if he too would like to join us for the Rally?

Comment

hey that's a good idea!

I know one of the original design guys on the Panoz who has one here in Atlanta, Larry.

In additon I askied John L SR to see about contacting current owners; I know ist alot of work BUT with all the privacy law crap I do not think they would give us the list?

Sadly, most owners are NOT on this forum...and finally the funny about who rides, my son who is 8 said, "Sorry mom, its a guy thing"...ouch!

Comment

I encourage everyone to send their contact information to DogDoc. It would be great for us all to get together.
                      IkeCan

Comment

I am late to this thread, but also would look forward to a group event. I have owned my GTLM for five years, but have never been to the factory. It might make it very viable to PADC to open up the parts bin while we are all there. I suspect that they could clear some space and make more than a few bucks. I don't foresee a day when I would sell my car, and I would love the opportunity to stock up on various parts for that proverbial rainy day (as long as it does not rain on our November weekend).
                        2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Sounds fun and a good idea. Early November does sound a little late in the year for a rally but at lest it wouldn't be so hot in humid then. Late October? I guess, in the end, pick a date and plan ahead like your doing. Who can make it will make it. Pictures and Utube Vids are required though....

Comment

Still trying!

Have not heard back from John Lev Sr yet! PLEASE send me all your info, name, address, phones, emails, etc.

Lets try and get this thing going; tell you what I would like to see is a Corral for our cars at the Petite Lemans; there are SO MANY CORVETTES and PORSCHES in their own areas I get sick, etc same ole marques.

Maybe Don could pull a few strings and get us our own little spot, would not be that many of us; BTW, how many of you guys attend teh Petite every year? DogDoc (max)

send your info to me; my admin gal is pulling it all together...dr.maxkatz@gmail.com

Comment

Hey guys, got another lead today...

Spoke to Craig at Butler tire; he is going to call Ken I think his name is that owns a roadster to come on teh site and give me his info for the meet and greet; and Heath I got your email, thnx!

Comment

Originally posted by dogdoc97 View Post
                                Spoke to Craig at Butler tire; he is going to call Ken I think his name is that owns a roadster to come on teh site and give me his info for the meet and greet; and Heath I got your email, thnx!
                                Thanks Max,
                                I spoke with my buddy this evening who purchased my first Roadster and he's in for the Rally. He too should be contacting you with his information shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X