Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had an interest in having an annual event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever had an interest in having an annual event?

I know there are NOT many of us but so many car clubs or marques do this; the Ferrari Mondial guys have an annual "Mondialpalooza" in Pennsylvania every year I read; I am active on the Ferrari board. It could be open to Esperante as well as Roadster. I wonder if the Leverette's would help us find all the owners thru records...just a thought; such a small BUT exclusive community and I am so proud to own one. I get MORE attention and questions on this car than anything I have ever had! Dogdoc

Would there not be more "synergy" in a Mustang/SVT Cobra Mustang meets?

Comment

NOT for me....

The Mustang has huge numbes from so many different models made; different
      body styles, etc. Of course our cars have the SVT guts BUT to me it is NOT the same car at all and I personally would rather talk to FAR fewer folks about what they have done to his/her car than thousands of Mustang owners; just my opinion. thanks! Dogdoc

Comment

I would love to get together for something like this. I live just outside of Atlanta and know of 3 other Panoz owners nearby that would likely also share an interest. The factory used to sponsor and support rally's years ago but stopped doing so. Such a shame too because events like this not only promote brand awareness but drives interest in future products (if there is ever going to be one).

We may not get factory support but likely could receive some sort of special lodging/dining accommodations as well as a gathering venue for the event at the Chateau Elan.

I used to have a BMW Z3 & Z4 and deeply regret not attending the annual "homecoming" event that BMW hosted at the factory in Spartanburg, SC.

Comment

Hey 99...

I like hearing about that; wonder if Dan would spend a few bucks...nah,lol..I had a Z8,and the guys in California had events all the time; I just could not get out there in time before I sold it.

Where are you outside of Atlanta?

I am game if you are; Chateau would be nice...
          What about a corral at the Petite Le mans? Many Marques do that every year...
          I agree, it would be great for the brand and when I spoke to John Levertte Sr in December
          he said Dan would like to build street cars again so this could be some marketing till then, Dogdoc

Comment

Count me In!!!!
            IkeCan
            1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by dogdoc97 View Post
              I like hearing about that; wonder if Dan would spend a few bucks...nah,lol..I had a Z8,and the guys in California had events all the time; I just could not get out there in time before I sold it.

Where are you outside of Atlanta?

I am game if you are; Chateau would be nice...
              What about a corral at the Petite Le mans? Many Marques do that every year...
              I agree, it would be great for the brand and when I spoke to John Levertte Sr in December
              he said Dan would like to build street cars again so this could be some marketing till then, Dogdoc
              One of the most attractive attributes that I found of owning a Panoz product long before I ever even purchased my first one was how I was told (by two different Panoz dealers from two different states) PADC treats their customers like family long after the sale and the camaraderie that the owners share amongst themselves. Unfortunately these types of factory sponsored gatherings and car corrals ended a little sooner than I could join the Panoz family of owners. Such a shame too because as I say, to a manufacturer these types of events are priceless in terms of building consumer awareness and a brand loyalty.

I'm in Covington (Eastern side of Atlanta). I also have a buddy who lives in the same neighborhood who has a Roadster too (I sold it to him). Not too far down the road in the Lake Oconee area is a guy who used to own my first Roadster who traded it in on an Esperante......I don't actually know him but we spoke on the phone once and I might be able to locate him again. I've also corresponded with a guy who lives in the Roswell / Alpharetta area a few years back and he too had expressed an interest in some type of gathering.

I believe the first step would be to contact someone at the factory and see if they have any interest in sponsoring such an event (perhaps they could model the event from a previous format) or at least lend some experience from past events.....maybe even a contact database of current owners to facilitate the guest roster? Doesn't hurt to ask and btw, they actually have more to gain than to loose in this deal (at minimum, staying and dining at the Chateau ain't cheap). Something that I personally would like to see would be along the lines of a two-day event.

Day One: Rendezvous at the Chateau around lunch time for a meet and greet just to get to know everybody, see each others cars and assemble the group. Once assembled, make the short drive to the factory for a tour, meet the staff, etc.. Also while on site, it would be a good opportunity for everyone to meet Johan and crew (could be a great sales connection for JRD too). Return to the Chateau for check-in and a group dinner.

Day Two: Gather the group for breakfast and head over to Road Atlanta for a quick tour and a couple of track laps with all of the cars together (not high speed or anything just something similar to the prelude of the Petite Le Mans -great photo opportunity for PADC). Once we leave the track, begin a scenic rally on a pre-charted route (Helen / Hiawassee maybe?) for a few hours. Catch some lunch along the way and adjourn.

Obviously this would take some careful planning / organizing and with Georgia weather being what it is, sometime late October or early November would likely make a great time for such an event.
              Am I dreaming or can we really make this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post
                One of the most attractive attributes that I found of owning a Panoz product long before I ever even purchased my first one was how I was told (by two different Panoz dealers from two different states) PADC treats their customers like family long after the sale and the camaraderie that the owners share amongst themselves.
                As someone who just called Panoz last night, morning in Georgia, I talked to a guy there and and what you saw about PADC must be absolutely true because I'm not even a customer and had a rather nice chat with the gentleman there. Rare to have someone answer the phone directly and not a computer and be able to know something about the product at the company they work for.

He did say that PADC has morphed into a technical research/testing/consulting firm with projects in the pipeline for other companies. Naturally, he could not say what companies only that battery power was involved. The Esperante development is not exactly ended but......who knows? I got the impression that even if the factory could not provide direct aid, they'd be open to something. I like the idea of a directory due to so few cars being manufactured. The Continental Mark II forum has by far the best documented directory of owners that I've ever seen a particular car have. If this site could have this for Panoz history, then that would be great. After all, where else could such a directory be?
                Last edited by ishigakisensei; 02-26-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

With Sebring being the last Panoz owned track, this would also be another location to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarity View Post
                    With Sebring being the last Panoz owned track, this would also be another location to look at.
                    If memory serves me correct Panoz only leases (not sure how long the term is) the track and does not own it, I learned this when I attended the Panoz Racing School there.

Comment

'99 Panoz need your name and number please!

I am willing to send John Lev Sr a note via email tonight; he has a data base of all the original owners as he helped me contact some folks when I was looking to buy a car. He DID NOT give me the name BUT called them to see if they still had the car and if they did were they interested in selling...

I like the 2 day event idea; if you all want, send me your name, email address and phone number, I will get it compiled at my office...dogdoc

send it to dr.maxkatz@gmail.com

my cell is 404-291-0385/ home 404-325-7665

Lets do this thing!!!

Understand we may get 7 or we may get 35 owners BUT whatever I would like to meet you folks!

Comment

OK I just sent Dan P and John L Sr a note...

telling them about our interest and asking if they would be interested in helping us set up such an event and helping us with some costs(reduced fees) at the Hotel, etc.... will see, Dogdoc

Comment

This in from Dr. Max (he asked me to post it for him)

"Hello Max
                          Nice idea to organize the get together
                          I will need
                          > Proposed date and
                          > Number of parties that would like to attend.
                          > Are you thinking an overnight stay or just a Lunch / dinner and then head up the road.
                          > Tour parts of the factory.

I will check about a group rate.

I and others here would enjoy going on rally through N GA

Best Regards
                          Dan Panoz "

Comment

This sounds very promising and I'm getting excited with the possibility of finally being able to join up with other Panoz owners.

Max - I will be sending you all of my contact information via email. Feel free to contact me anytime. I'm also going to send out a few emails to some of the other owners that I mentioned, gauge their response and interest and direct them to forward their contact information to you as well.
                            Even though I'm only an hours drive from the Chateau, I will still be staying there for the night as some of the other local owners may wish to return home to sleep in their own bed.......we clearly will need to know their intentions to ensure enough rooms are reserved and places are set at the table.

In regards to Dan's reply, I believe it would be best to provide a target date as well as a backup date for any weather contingencies (my baby doesn't know what rain even smells like and I could only assume that the wipers even work, lol).

If ok, I'd like to maybe suggest Friday November 1st as a target date with November the 8th as the backup date. These dates, both being on Friday would be for the two day event idea. This way, we can visit the factory on Friday (while staff and JRD are there) and the driving event(s) for Saturday when traffic might be a little more favorable.
                            I really don't think we could impose much earlier dates on the factory considering that the Petite Le Mans is scheduled for October the 16th - 19th and this is usually quite a busy/stressful time for them as is. Much earlier in September and it's still hot as hell here in Georgia......much later in November and we start getting into the Thanksgiving planning windows.

I do hope many fellow owners will attend as it is quite a rare occasion that you can actually rally with the same guy whose name is on the nose of your car.

Comment

I am excited too!

Hell my wife and kid were excited, really more my son,lol...
                              It would be really fantastic to meet some of you, see your cars and know that at least for me out of all the cars I have owned this would be the most rewarding event to share with you guys.

We may be small in numbers but folks love to look at these cars when they can.
                              I am a veterinarian here in Atlanta; two weeks ago I went to drop off some meds for my bud's dog who is the sales manager for GLOBAL BMW here in Atlanta.
                              He said one of his sales guys comes running thru the SHOWROOM yelling" its a Panoz, its a Panoz", he said he knew I was there, and so were 9 folks off the showroom floor, I counted them, to look at the car.

I am planning NEVER TO SELL THIS CAR unless my kid cannot eat one day b/c biz is so bad; otherwise he can bury me in it! Dogdoc

Comment

Working...
                              X