Abruzzi Countdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God damnit Panoz...

I'm ripped on mercilessly for being a Panoz "fanboy" on other forums and I wish, just once, Panoz would give us something that would make people understand and enjoy Panoz. But this thing is might be the ugliest car I've seen in a LONG, long time...

I'm sure it'll drive brilliantly, but it's just ugly as sin, and apparently only 81 will be built and it won't even be sold in the States...

It does look (slightly) better in the actual photos than the renderings, but I just wish Panoz would design something fresh for once instead of constantly hearkening back to their race cars of 10+ years ago for design inspiration.
    Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Here's a gallery from the unveiling. I'm noticing it seems like a BIG car, much more along the lines of a Mercedes CL or Maserati GT rather than a Porsche or a Corvette.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?page=467&np=0

Comment

Well, I have to say, the car is growing on me the more I check it out through the day. First impression is Batmobile. That being said, I like the looks from the top . The front clip is what has taken me the most to get used too. Concept of both the car the material and cooling package I am very impressed with and the delivery package experience that Panoz has put together is very world class and sets it up there with the best.

Performance numbers will help if the numbers are good and reaction of drivers good. Race results will need a must.

Overall. It is un like anything else out there and I commend them for taking on the challenge to build this one of a kind car.

Hate that American regulations and a low production run will probably keep it from hitting the states for many years.

Here is a few shots I was forwarded from the day at LeMans.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reminds me of the Esperante GTR. First I shocked and then kept thinking if I saw this car driving up on me in the rear view mirror that I would moving out of the way then chasing it and checking it out from all angles.

I know I wouldn't just let it drive on by and that confirms to me that it get the juices flowing. Am I attracted to it? No. But I dont love the Bugati Veyron, SSC Auro, or Maserati MC12 either but would love to have any of them.

Comment

More pics on Autoweek......

That is one ugly car....

Comment

I agree. However just by being within this forum, it may make us all a little biased to the brand. I can't help but think that if you saw this car on the street with no badging or name plate would you still feel the same or would you call it what it is, the ugliest car on earth? I love the brand and admire the company for their innovative efforts but as WMUCarGuy pointed out, give us something that we can be proud of and make it available to the US market as well. I will say though from what little I can see in the pictures, it does have an incredible interior. Obviously I am greatly disappointed with the Abruzzi...........I suppose I have the updated Esperante to look forward to now though. Damn, I hope they don't screw that up too.

Comment

It just is not pretty.

Anyone ordered one?
                Ferrari F40, Mosler MT900S

Comment

Working...
                X