Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abruzzi Countdown?

In the latest press release the following appeared:

"By special arrangement with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO), the car will occupy center stage in the “village” at the track from June 7-13. Prior to the public unveiling, international media representatives will be invited to a preview approximately two days in advance of its introduction."

So by these words, will we be seeing our first glimpse of the Abruzzi this coming Saturday (the 5th) or next Monday (the 7th). Either way, we are less than one week away and I can't wait so let the countdown begin...........

Originally posted by 99panoz View Post

So by these words, will we be seeing our first glimpse of the Abruzzi this coming Saturday (the 5th) or next Monday (the 7th). Either way, we are less than one week away and I can't wait so let the countdown begin...........
    Good observation. I'm with you, counting the days.

Comment

Site has been on the quiet side and I'm sure it mostly has to do with there isn't a lot to discuss until the launch of the new model.

Comment

More info about the Abruzzi:
        http://ht.ly/1T7oj

Comment

More Abruzzi info:

I like the one quote : Panoz revealed that the Abruzzi will be built around an aluminum chassis derived from that of the outgoing Esperante model and will be powered by a front-mounted V8 “like all Panoz should.”

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100402/ALMS/100409944

Comment

I've come to learn though that the Abruzzi will feature Chevy LS power rather than a Ford V8.

Comment

Not quite sure how I feel about those head lights and tail lights. Panoz has always been known to use PRESYS (pre engineered sub-systems from other manufactures) in their cars but looks like they developed their own for the Abruzzi. I am glad to see that they are getting away from their PRESYS philosophies on their "Supercar" though. I also hope the actual car unveiled is more like a production version than a concept car. So far, no door handles, no side mirrors and no external antenna(s). Just those few items alone in respect to their size, location and shape can make or break the beauty of an automobile.

Comment

"The world’s international media and press contingent will see the Abruzzi “Spirit of Le Mans” for the first time in all its glory at noon CET on Tuesday, June 8. The public will gaze on it as well throughout the event weekend when it will be the main attraction in the Village – an expansive central location at the circuit that hundreds of thousands of spectators and guests will pass through for meals, merchandise and entertainment.

Most assuredly, the hand-built, limited-production car and its fanfare will capture the Spirit of Le Mans in more ways than one. Purchasers of the Abruzzi “Spirit of Le Mans” will enjoy one of the most exclusive and unique delivery experiences ever offered in the automotive history."

A little concerned, scared, curious about the front end. I really want to like and desire the Abruzzi.
                Attached Files

Comment

Panoz's new GT2 race car is scheduled to join Ferrari, Porsche, Chevrolet and BMW in the American Le Mans Series at this year's season finale at Road Atlanta in October.

Panoz plans to launch its Abruzzi road car--the basis for the GT2 racer--at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June. Marque founder Don Panoz said that he hoped the car would be “ready to race by the end of the season, which means Petit Le Mans at Atlanta.”

Panoz revealed that the Abruzzi will be built around an aluminum chassis derived from that of the outgoing Esperante model and will be powered by a front-mounted V8 “like all Panoz should.” He also promised "some innovative features, particularly in the cooling department."

Development of the Abruzzi race car will be handled by an independent team, Panoz said. He refused to confirm that this will be Tom Milner's Prototype Technology Group, which masterminded the marque's ALMS campaigns in 2007-09.

Comment

Originally posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
                    I've come to learn though that the Abruzzi will feature Chevy LS power rather than a Ford V8.
                    So Chevy is the choice. Interesting. Good solid engine, lots of power. I'm mixed feeling, wanted something more exotic but still happy to see american made and affordable ownership cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackmann View Post
                      Panoz's new GT2 race car is scheduled to join Ferrari, Porsche, Chevrolet and BMW in the American Le Mans Series at this year's season finale at Road Atlanta in October.

Panoz plans to launch its Abruzzi road car--the basis for the GT2 racer--at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June. Marque founder Don Panoz said that he hoped the car would be “ready to race by the end of the season, which means Petit Le Mans at Atlanta.”

Panoz revealed that the Abruzzi will be built around an aluminum chassis derived from that of the outgoing Esperante model and will be powered by a front-mounted V8 “like all Panoz should.” He also promised "some innovative features, particularly in the cooling department."

Development of the Abruzzi race car will be handled by an independent team, Panoz said. He refused to confirm that this will be Tom Milner's Prototype Technology Group, which masterminded the marque's ALMS campaigns in 2007-09.
                      As of now, the GT2 car actually racing at Petit Le Mans is just a goal/rumor for now. I hope it comes to fruition, but it's a rather lofty one to take a car not even homologated for road use and make a homologated race car. I hope they make it to Petit as I'll be there, but I'd guess Sebring will be more likely.

And I can confirm that PTG will be developing and campaigning the race car.

Comment

As promised, just in time for this year’s Le Mans 24 Hours race, Panoz reveals their new production, the Abruzzi “Spirit of Le Mans”. Apart from the very cool name, this car also has a great racing heritage behind it, hence the title. The Abruzzi is going to be extremely rare, until 2013 only 81 units will be made, corresponding to the number of Le Mans 24 Hour contests between the inception of the race in 1923 and the one 2013. Way to go!

This amazing looking beast is powered by a 600+ hp engine mounted at the front which also sends 590 ft.-lbs. of torque to the rear wheels. It features many new technologies chief among which is TRIFECTACOOLING technology: n addition to a normal high-efficiency radiator, there are stage two and stage three systems that lower coolant temperature on both the inflow to and the outflow from the radiator.

Panoz has is also introducing a new very clever and very green way for making the body using a new technology called R.E.A.M.S. – Recyclable Energy Absorbing Matrix System. It’s a multi-layer composite system which they say is is lighter than carbon fiber yet equally strong and better than that, it is dent-resistant, shatter-proof and recyclable. WOW!

Press Release

The Panoz Abruzzi hankers back to a day where drivers would pilot their cars to Le Mans, race it twice around the clock then drive back home. It essentially captures the “Spirit of Le Mans” with a never-before-seen acquisition program that sets a new standard for personalization and delivery.

Given the roots of Panoz’s automotive dreams, it is only appropriate that the Abruzzi “Spirit of Le Mans” will be delivered to its owners at the famed Circuit de la Sarthe, shipped directly there from the Panoz factory. Each automobile will be linked to a specific Le Mans 24 Hour race, with the chassis number also containing that specific race date and the initials of the winning drivers and the history of that year.

Professional drivers will instruct owners in driving the car on the Bugatti Circuit at Le Mans. Service and repairs also will be attended to at the ACO facilities of the Circuit 24 Hours of Le Mans.

New vehicle owners also will be invited to the 24 Hours of Le Mans as guests of the ACO and Panoz at the ACO’s hospitality facilities in the “Model Sportif” at the circuit. New owners also will have the unique opportunity to drive a parade lap of the full 8.3-mile circuit at that year’s event.

During the Le Mans race week a “Spirit of Le Mans” reception will be held at the clubhouse of the famed Golf Des 24 Heuers in the historic town of Arnage. The new owners for that year will be the guests of the ACO officials and past “Spirit of Le Mans” award winners such as Jacky Ickx and Derek Bell.

“Being associated with the ACO and Le Mans is something very special to me,” Panoz said. “Being able to stand side-by-side with the heroes and legends of Le Mans gives me a sense of appreciation and passion for this grand event. I felt it was important to give our customers the same experience, and I am grateful to our partners at the ACO for helping make this happen.”

Panoz Auto Development produces leading-edge, fully certified automobiles and is best known for the first US-manufactured AIV (Aluminum Intensive Vehicle) – the Panoz AIV Roadster. The Panoz Esperante body and chassis also extensively employs aluminum for performance, safety and efficiency. The Panoz Esperante GTLM earned world-famous stature as a race car by winning the GT2 category at both the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a single year – 2006.

Comment

Video of Abruzzi

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=90475510001

Comment

the actual car

Here is tha car @ LeMans
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X