Welcome new owners and members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BRUT4CE View Post
    I believe I have the C&D Esperante cover car down here in southern CA - 2001 chassis #16 I bought 7 years ago. Is there another one?
    According to written correspondance as well as multiple verbal communications with both Panoz Mfg and JRD tuning, chassis #13 was the Blue and Tan vehicle used for the article. Not that it makes that much difference today, but long term it might. Do your have any written documentation that #16 was used. I do believe the article was done in two parts, a multiple day weekend trip and a tech verification test for performance.So who knows really as this was 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Ackmann; 02-08-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• I have a Danny Panoz-signed original copy of the C&D mag with his handwritten statement on the cover thanking the original owner of Blue and Tan chassis 16 and verifying the Vin# for helping with the publicity effort. There was no mention of JRD anywhere in the C&D article, and if they had tweaked the engine at all it certainly would have upped the horses from the stock 320 listed in the specs. But cover girl or not, I still love this car.

Comment

• That is interesting. Johann at JRD didn't do any tuning on Chassis #13 but was around then. Chassis #13 does have written confirmation from the Dir of Marketing that #13 was used and also was verbally confirmed by Dir of Engineering who were involved in the story participation. As I know the story the car was originally built for the CFO and came off the line when C&D asked Panoz to be involved in the article. They provided #13 since it was connected to one of the employees and the other cars on the line were being built for customers and/or dealers. After the car returned from the trip and testing, the CFO was VERY UNHAPPY that his car was loaned out and insisted that a new car be built for him. The car was then sold to a dealer in CA and ended up in San Fran. Either way, your right that they are great cars and all owners should enjoy the cars.

Comment

• Ms Daisy

Hi ... introducing my Panoz ... Ms. Daisy
          Attached Files

Comment

• Beautiful car Sully! Please tell us about her all we can tell from the picture is that she is a GT who has been shown some "Johan love".

Comment

• Originally posted by Sully View Post
              Congratulations.
              Ferrari F40, Mosler MT900S

Comment

Welcome. I like the hood on your Esaperante. I've seen them with air intakes but not the windows. Can you poist a close picturee of the hood. thanks

Comment

Hi Sully,
                  I did a little research on your car and here is a picture that Johan JRD has on his website. I am pretty sure its your car. Welcome to the family!

http://www.jrdtuning.com/carsdetails.aspx?ID=188

Comment

• Hello my name is David and I own '99 Roadster number 013. I have owned it since 2009. It is Silver with blue interior and according to the documentation that came with it, it was sold at Barrett-Jackson in 2003 and it is one of two cars that were made in this combination. I also have several late model Mustangs. I look forward to meeting everyone and plan on being a contributor. I am working on "improving" the Roadster. David
                    1999 Roadster AIV #013
                    2007 Shelby GT
                    2003 Cobra Conv. 10th
                    2001 Crown Vic PI
                    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

• New Member joining

Just took delivery of 2006 Panoz Esperante GT her name is Kathy and that is why our login is Kathy. I am Tony and. My wife is Kathy so it was meant to be. She is great and we love taking the top down. It is great to get her back to Georgia where she belongs.

Trying to find options on getting parts when necessary, and good mechanic. We live 11 miles from factory. Looking forward to a long life together as part of the family.

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathy View Post
                        Just took delivery of 2006 Panoz Esperante GT her name is Kathy and that is why our login is Kathy. I am Tony and. My wife is Kathy so it was meant to be. She is great and we love taking the top down. It is great to get her back to Georgia where she belongs.

Trying to find options on getting parts when necessary, and good mechanic. We live 11 miles from factory. Looking forward to a long life together as part of the family.

Tony
                        Why not go to the factory for parts and service? That's what I do when my Roadster needs something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathy View Post

Tony
                          Welcome!
                          Please post pictures so that we may all see your lovely Kathy!
                          Yes I meant the car!

Comment

• 2006 GT aka Kathy

Originally posted by Kathy View Post

Tony
                            Welcome Kathy,

Is your '06 GT black with a black interior/yellow stitching, an AT and VIN 008? If so, I have some history on the car if you'd like it.

Comment

• Welcome and congrats on the acquisition.
                              Ferrari F40, Mosler MT900S

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Wind View Post
                                Welcome Kathy,

Is your '06 GT black with a black interior/yellow stitching, an AT and VIN 008? If so, I have some history on the car if you'd like it.
                                Yes that is the 06 Esperante GT, black + black with yellow stitching. Always looking for info on the vehicle. You can also email me directly at mackt2@emc.com

Comment

Working...
                                X