New Member - Hello To All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Hello To All

I recently stumbled on to this site and decided to join.
    I own a ’99 Anniversary Edition AIV Roadster.
    I am the original owner [purchased new in 2000].
    It is the first one of four that were sold with the factory installed Kenne Bell supercharger.
    Wonderful machine, but have had it out of service for quite awhile due to other endeavors.
    Am now in a position to re-involve myself with the machine.
    Spirit

Welcome to Panoz Life!

Comment

A picture of the machine.

Last edited by Spirit; 01-27-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I hope the "re-acquaintance" with your Roadster is going well. Enjoy!

Comment

Spirit,
          Welcome to the forum!! Great to see an original owner join the group. I have owned my '98 AIV for just over a year. I have to say the car has exceeded my expectations in every way, including performance, reliability, appearance and just all out fun!!!
          IkeCan
          1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Cool...

I was just idly wondering the other day where all those went, who had them, were they being driven. That must be a handful. Very nice!...and welcome!

Does anyone know, the powdered metal rods and the hypereutectic pistons in the NA 4.6L SVT were the Achilles heel in terms of running boost. Did they use forged components on these very few models, or are they just running very mild boost?
            1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
            2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
            3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
              I was just idly wondering the other day where all those went, who had them, were they being driven. That must be a handful. Very nice!...and welcome!

Does anyone know, the powdered metal rods and the hypereutectic pistons in the NA 4.6L SVT were the Achilles heel in terms of running boost. Did they use forged components on these very few models, or are they just running very mild boost?
              It is my understanding that they did not use forged components.
              Mine is running 7 lbs of boost.
              Engine was built at the Romeo Engine Plant, the same as the STV engines of that era.
              Never had any problems, but I do not run it real hard.
              The aerodynamics of the Roadster does not lend itself to very high speeds.
              It's a nice running piece of automotive art for weekend runs out in the Texas Hill Country.

Comment

Working...
              X