New 99 Roadster owner....looking for aftermarkets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 99 Roadster owner....looking for aftermarkets

Just picked up a yellow 99 Panoz Roadster at the Scottsdale auto auction. There were 2 at the Russo show (99 $40K, 97 $36K) and 1 at Barrett (97 $55)...prices after commission.

I'm looking to modify mine with LED lights all around, HID headlights, switch out the hood scoop with a carbon fiber replacement (I've see pix on another yellow roadster and it looks great but I have nothing more to go on such as who the owner is or where / who made it for him), update the stereo with a bluetooth enabled one, and install a powered USB cable for my phone to charge while I'm driving.

In addition to these features, I'll be going over the various forums looking for additional items to enhance it.

I am under the impression that if I did not received a owners manual with my Roadster, that Panox no longer has these available. True? I did find the PDF version here (thx to whomever did that).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sean
    Owner of a illegitimate love child of a Plymouth Prowler and a Shelby Cobra.

Congrats on your Panoz. I don't know how helpful I can be, but you might want to contact JRD (www.jrdtuning.com). They did a lot of customization of Esperante's, and they may have some ideas for you. In addition, try the Panoz factory. There is not much going on there, but they do still have a lot of spares.
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Perfect. The website lists the carbon fiber scoop so I've sent in a email msg to them. Thanks for the information.

I found another Panoz Roadster owner in my home area that sells a reverese LED light and has done them to his. I will be talking to him in the coming week and any info I get I'll try to post here.

I'm also looking for rotor info if you have it as I read a post here about what others have been doing to upgrade their cars. As mine only has 700 miles on it, I probably won't be changing out the brakes anytime soon. However, I'd like to switch the rotors out with cross drilled ones and when I do that, I'd also like to paint the calipers yellow to match to car (I saw the post about the PPG paint code, thanx).

I also saw that JRD offers Koenig seats for the Roadster. Anyone know what model of the seat they use as shipping two seats from GA to CA would cost me more than just ordering them locally.

Thanks again.

Comment

Oh almost forgot...anyone have a lead on a Owners manual? I think I remember seeing someone post that Panoz no longer carries the manual so I'm starting to looking elsewhere for one for my car (I did find the online PDF, thanx to whoever did that).

Comment

Here's some good performance enhancement information to start. Note, if you go the shorty header route, that JBA makes two different versions, one for 96-97 and one for 98. My 1999 Panoz has a 1998 4.6L. I think this was standard, at least very common.

1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
          2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
          3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Great to hear that the pdf owners manual was useful.

You may want to look at changing your rear gear ratio from a 3.27 to a 3.73. I could not believe how big of difference this made. I have read on this site that Panoz originally intended to put in the 3.73 gear. If you make this change be sure to change your speedometer gear as well. Best of luck on your "new" car! With only 700 miles it is virtually a new car by any definition.

Happy to hear you connected with the fellow owner who made the same LED turn signal/back up light change that you are planning. I was going to refer him to you but you beat me in finding him.
            IkeCan
            1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Working...
            X