New owner in DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner in DE

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2003 Panoz yesterday. It is a red Jan Magnussen (#10 of 10) Esperante. She has over 50K miles, but I finally was able to afford one. I'm old and retired but did race cars for many years...including a 1998 Panoz GT school car.
    I do have a couple questions...where might I find a boot cover for the top (black). Also, does anyone know a replacement part number for the trunk gas struts (Panoz # PZEO-2640). Both are shot and I cannot find a cross-reference number.

You have come to the right place. Did you purchase that car from Matt in NY?
    I bought mine from him 3 years ago. Call Johan 404-213-3908 he can get you the shocks you may need The hood shocks also. If he can't you should be able to remove one and match it up at a large auto parts house. Enjoy #10 it's barly broke in.
    Welcome to JRD RallyCross USA, the premier destination for all your rallycross needs in the United States. With a legacy of excellence and a track record of success, we are proud to be the best in our class, boasting multiple RallyCross Championship titles.

Comment

Yes, I did buy the car from Matt...very nice man to do business with. Thank you for the gas strut info...I will follow-up.

Comment

If you get cross reference info then please post it. My struts will need replacing as well in the not too distant future!

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

Welcome and thanks for asking about the struts. I too need to replace mine, front and back. It will be nice to not use the piece of wood now needed to load and unload the trunk.
          2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Trunk Struts

Well, I did find a replacement trunk strut...sort of.
            The strut is a Stabillus SG359020. It is the correct length and fits fine. I purchased two units, installed them. Could hardly close the trunk lid and the lid almost went into orbit when opened. Way too much pressure in these units. I was in a hurry, so re-installed one old strut. With the one new strut and one old strut it works just fine. I do have Stabillus trying to find me a lower-powered unit. If I hear back, I will post the new part number. At least they are made in the USA.

Also looking for two Panoz wheel centers. I have two presently and four BBS centers.Trade anybody?

Comment

Trunk support lifts

@ Autozone. Mighty Lift #D95532. Replaces McMaster 9416K363 & 9416K86 (ends). New Mighty Lifts working great on my '04 Esperante GT.

Comment

Hi guys! Glad to see some posts here!

max here in Atlanta, Don, sent you email; I have ben looking to buy a panoz, just bought this week a 2005 BLK GT from the Original Panoz dealer in Canada,Quebec! NEVER TITLED!!!!!! only 500 on the speedo; will be going to JRD, will change the kilom to miles, change muffler system as the Candian was quieter and change the rear end gearing....will keep you folks informed! You can see the pics on the web UNLESS they took them down this week at
                www.autobugatti.com or autotrader.ca for canada price?????? they asked $69K, I paid $50K!!!! NEW, feel like it was a great deal!!!!! Max. Atlanta dkdogdoc97@yahoo.com

Comment

Congrats on the new Panoz...looks great. Let's see...$50 CA is about $200 US (only kidding. Close to equal now I believe).
                  Best of luck with her!

Comment

Hi MIke!

Like your car; if that is the one that was on ebay I almost pulled that trigger, I even called John Leverett at the factory and we talked about those LTD editions!

Feel free to email and call me, I am sorry this forum looks like it is pretty much defunct/inactive, not many cars sold and have to wonder how many original owners still have ac ar; although I did talk to several in the last few months and know of a few cars for sale...dkdogdoc97@yahoo.com

Hope this is ok but call me anytime cell 404-291-0385 lets talk cars and Panoz! Doc (max)

Comment

Congrats!

Congrats on the purchase of the Panoz GT!
                      Welcome to the Panoz family.
                      Please keep us posted on your Panoz experiences especially what you decide to have done at Johan's.

Comment

Who is Johan, is he associated with Panoz in Georgia? Can he help me find parts for my Roadster? I don't need anything at this time, but I would love to have a contact for the future.
                        IkeCan
                        1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
                          Who is Johan, is he associated with Panoz in Georgia? Can he help me find parts for my Roadster? I don't need anything at this time, but I would love to have a contact for the future.
                          Johan has more knowledge about the Esperante than most people other that Dan and a few of the key Panoz employees. I am not sure how deep his Roadster knowledge goes. Most of the roadster parts should be readliy available from the Panoz factory. Here is a link to Johan' s company which is on the Panoz factory grounds : http://www.jrdtuning.com/aboutjrdtuning.html
                          " in 1999 we were asked to move from Florida to Georgia to join Dan Panoz in the development of the Panoz Esperante. Once again, the entire shop was moved, this time to Braselton, just outside of Atlanta Ga. After the major development phase, it was a natural step for us to apply our customizing abilities to the Panoz cars, and we became the official tuner of Panoz vehicles. In 2001, JRD Tuning formed an official partnership with the Panoz organization, headed by Dan’s dad Dr. Don Panoz."

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                          X