New fro Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fro Michigan

Well now that the snow has finally hit it's time to start thinking of summer and driving with the top down!

I've had a bug the last few years to build a Cobra kit car but just can't justify the time and investment to build one. With the way I would want to build it I'd just wind up with a Panoz roadster. So now I'm in the market for a Panoz. Being a life long Mustang guy, the roadster seems to be the perfect fit for me.

I do have couple of concerns that maybe some one here can help me with.

(1) I'm 6'3" how comfortable is it to drive? I have a 45-50 commute to work 50/50 road/hwy?

(2) Foot/pedal clearance? From some of the photos I've see it looks pretty tight.

(3) How are they on the track? Can't seem to find anyone auto crossing them?

If anyone is looking to sell a red or black roadster let me know!

Thanks in advance for all your help and hopefully I'll be a Panoz owner soon!

Originally posted by Froman6 View Post
    Well now that the snow has finally hit it's time to start thinking of summer and driving with the top down!

I've had a bug the last few years to build a Cobra kit car but just can't justify the time and investment to build one. With the way I would want to build it I'd just wind up with a Panoz roadster. So now I'm in the market for a Panoz. Being a life long Mustang guy, the roadster seems to be the perfect fit for me.

I do have couple of concerns that maybe some one here can help me with.

(1) I'm 6'3" how comfortable is it to drive? I have a 45-50 commute to work 50/50 road/hwy?

(2) Foot/pedal clearance? From some of the photos I've see it looks pretty tight.

(3) How are they on the track? Can't seem to find anyone auto crossing them?

If anyone is looking to sell a red or black roadster let me know!

Thanks in advance for all your help and hopefully I'll be a Panoz owner soon!
    Roadster has decent leg room for most, 6'3" is likely the limit for the roadster though. Esperante may have more room for you if the Roadster doesnt fit. Foot pedals are same as a modern Stang so if you can fit in the car, likely will work.
    Never seen a roadster on the track, but I would love to run around one a few times. I have seen the Esperantes in street and race versions many times though.

Comment

With the convertible you wil have UNLIMITED head room!
      As for the fit you will have to drive one.

Panoz vs. Cobra Both are a lot of summer fun!

With the Panoz you get:
      A power top & glass side windows, if the weather goes south, to keep you dry.
      A/C.. On those hot humid days after baking out on Woodward you can put the top up and turn it on.
      Turn key, no building there are a few out there for sale... ebay and cars dot com
      A very unique car that is a lot of fun.
      Last edited by Bob E; 04-01-2012, 03:47 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

Working...
      X