Hi Ya'll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ya'll!

I just joined the forum and wanted to say hi. I don't own a Panoz. Oddly enough I didn't know much about the company till a few days back. Was mindlessly watching a Mecum auction on TV when a Panoz Esperante came up on the auction block. I cant explain it but something about the car just drew me in and I have been obsessed with it since.

I have 2 BMW's and have been thinking about getting a third car but wanted something sporty, high performance but not crazy expensive to maintain. And most importantly something unique. I feel the Esperante is all that and more.

So right now I am just trying to do my research and find out as much about the car as possible. I live in a Charlotte, NC so not too far from the factory. I hope to go check it out if thats possible. Is anybody on this board in the Charlotte area?

Welcome to Panoz Life.

Comment

Hi vbjoseph,

Welcome to Panoz Life. I live about 2 1/2 hrs SW of you. Re admiring/obsessing on Panoz & Esperantes, you are where I was a few years ago. I am fortunate to have the 1st of the only 14 Esperante GT's ever built. Near perfect condition, full provenance, 9,000 mi. Got to tour the factory a year ago. If you want unique....you can't stop for gas, at restaurant, etc without someone coming over to look and ask. At car shows & cruise-ins: constant crowds, questions, picture taking, etc. As I tell folks, "if nothing else, you won't see very many of them." We are now doing more RV'ing, but I do not have an enclosed car trailer for "Holly" (the only way I would ever take her on an RV trip). Not necessarily in Holly, but I get up to the Greenville/Spartanburg area 2 or 3 times a year and through Charlotte maybe a couple of times a year. We loved the US 276 route in her a couple of years ago....Brevard, Caesar's Head SP, the duPont Natl Forest & waterfalls, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X