Is this car an every day driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this car an every day driver?

Potential buyer of an Esperante and curious if this is something that I can drive everyday? I live in California (no snow) and I have fallen in love with one of these rides. My only reservation is that I still need to drive to work about 50 miles total in commuter traffic on the highway everyday. Am I crazy for thinking about this? I know you guys are probably biased, but honest opinions really appreciated.

Thanks!

There is no reason why you cannot drive an Esperante everyday. The GT and GTLM front air dam is very low which needs some getting used to and careful driving, but the base Esperante has a much hight clearance. The quality of the car is top notch for such a low volume, great fit and finish. The Ford engine and many of the Ford bits are easily serviced. The only long term risk is body part should you have an accident, but the factory still has parts. Allstate hesitated at first, but has insured my car with no problems. At the prices the cars are going for these days, it is a great deal. Drive such a rare car at Camry prices, go for it.
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

+1, given strength of the running gear, no reason why you could not use one as a daily driver.
      Ferrari F40, Mosler MT900S

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer View Post
        +1, given strength of the running gear, no reason why you could not use one as a daily driver.
        Agreed the Esperante is a rock solid car, easliy suited for daily driving. I am sure that there are plenty of higher mileage Panoz's out there we are just a small group of the 200+ Esperante's. Hope you buy one and share the info with us.

Good luck
        Last edited by PanozGTLM; 10-08-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanozGTLM View Post
          Agreed the Esperante is a rock solid car, easliy suited for daily driving. I am sure that there are pleny of higher mileage Panoz's out there we are just a small group of the 200+ Esperante's. Hope you buy one and share the info with us.

Good luck
          I would be very tempted to buy one but there really aren't any road legal ones for sale in the UK.
          Ferrari F40, Mosler MT900S

Comment

Daily driver

I live in San Clemente, CA and drive round trip 60 miles a day. I have a 2004 Esperante. I've also taken it on longer trips. No problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Poe View Post
              I live in San Clemente, CA and drive round trip 60 miles a day. I have a 2004 Esperante. I've also taken it on longer trips. No problems.
              Wayne, I have a question for you: now that you've had the Panoz for a while how would you compare it to the Viper you got out of?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X