New Book: "The Cobra-Ferrari Wars: 1963-1965"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book: "The Cobra-Ferrari Wars: 1963-1965"

Was over at Shelby's engine shop today and was given this book called "The Cobra-Ferrari Wars: 1963-1965". While it is a book centered around Shelby's Cobra and it's racing exploits, it also looks a great deal into the competition, namely Ferrari's GTOs.

It's a bit under 400 pages with tons of great photos and features commentary from many people involved from both sides of the "war".

It normally sells for $100, so it's not cheap, but if you come across it for cheaper, or have some money to burn, it'd definitely be a nice addition to anyone's coffee table.

Mine's signed by Shelby as well!

Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM.

This is a very good SCORE. I have wanted to read this book. Would love to ses Hollywood do a movie based on this concept. Would be fun to see the older cars (or Repro's of) racing each other hard to go along with some behind the scene recreated tension.

Anyways, I picked up Autograph'd copies of "They call me Caroll" and "Bob Bonderant" writen by Phil Henny at a car rally I was involved with a couple of years ago. Phil Henny was a instrumental mechanic, set up driver and a developer of wet sump systems back in the day. He gave a fun speach about the battles against Ferrari and was one of the guys on the hood of the Daytona as it won in Le Mans and was heading for the winners circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackmann View Post
      This is a very good SCORE. I have wanted to read this book. Would love to ses Hollywood do a movie based on this concept. Would be fun to see the older cars (or Repro's of) racing each other hard to go along with some behind the scene recreated tension.

Anyways, I picked up Autograph'd copies of "They call me Caroll" and "Bob Bonderant" writen by Phil Henny at a car rally I was involved with a couple of years ago. Phil Henny was a instrumental mechanic, set up driver and a developer of wet sump systems back in the day. He gave a fun speach about the battles against Ferrari and was one of the guys on the hood of the Daytona as it won in Le Mans and was heading for the winners circle.
      I've also got "Remembering the Cobra Years" signed by Shelby, and a bunch of other random stuff signed by him I've accumulated over the years.

And that's "Bondurant"
      Last edited by WMUCarGuy; 01-28-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X