No announcement yet.

New Panoz model for 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice if they'd go for the 5.4 Shelby enfine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      It would be nice if they'd go for the 5.4 Shelby enfine.
      I was thinking the new 5.0 that Ford just came out with.

{ The new engine is all-new, all-aluminum with double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, twin independent variable camshaft timing and every other trick in the book including an 11.0:1 compression ratio. You can't even put a set of tubular headers on it. It's already got 'em. And get this: The redline is a screaming 7,000 rpm. The sound itself, as you wind it out and blast shifts, is worth the price of the car.

It's quicker to 60 mph than a 2010 Chevy Camaro SS. A new Challenger R/T has no chance of keeping up.
      Last week Inside Line exclusively put this 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 on a chassis dyno to see if Ford's power ratings for the new 5.0-liter are believable. They're not. This thing makes way more than Ford is admitting to. On our chassis dyno it recorded 395 hp at 6,600 rpm and 365 lb-ft of torque at 4,350 rpm. AT THE WHEELS!!!!!! }

If they aren't releasing the Abruzzi til Petite Le Mans then more than likely the new Esperante wont be out until last half of 2011.
      Last edited by PanozBob; 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I needed to order some parts for my GTLM from the factory yesterday, so I asked about the Abruzzi! It should be at Lemans. PM me for details. . .

Comment

I found this just surfing around the internet:
          http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/15/r...r-of-new-espe/

Comment

Looks as if that story had a few flaws in its writing:

"Reports from the motorsport world, however, now indicate that Panoz has aborted the Abruzzi project in favor of a new GT2 program. But as we all know, GT racers are based on road cars, and that's exactly what Panoz appears to have in the works".

I am just assuming that the new Abruzzi, "Spirit of Le Mans" will race in the GT2 class? But a new "Esperante successor"? Obviously at $450K that isn't what the new Abruzzi is marketed to be nor is it homologated to US standards. So the question is, what is coming out of PADC in the near future?
            I have heard that the Esperante will be redesigned, that the Roadster "will live again" and now this article saying that PADC is working on an Esperante successor. My real curosity is, what is this going to be because I really like this alot. If the new Esperante could look like this, I'll take one please.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X