Roadster roll bars/tonneau cover...looking for insight/pics/etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster roll bars/tonneau cover...looking for insight/pics/etc

Now that the ins. company has green lit repairs on my 99 roadster, I'm having the body shop remove/fill in the bonnet posts as I never use the top anyways (I can't get in the car with the top on being 6-foot and all) and I'd like to see about installing roll bars and possibly get a tonneau cover made.

I'm looking for pics of other roadsters with bars including interior shots to see how you have yours mounted up.

I like the singlular roll bars on Shelby Cobras with the third arm that extends back to help support the bend but I'm not dead set on this.

Any pics/info you can provide would be awesome.

TIA

Sean

Roll Bar and Tonneau Cover

Originally posted by sshrum View Post
    Now that the ins. company has green lit repairs on my 99 roadster, I'm having the body shop remove/fill in the bonnet posts as I never use the top anyways (I can't get in the car with the top on being 6-foot and all) and I'd like to see about installing roll bars and possibly get a tonneau cover made.

I'm looking for pics of other roadsters with bars including interior shots to see how you have yours mounted up.

I like the singlular roll bars on Shelby Cobras with the third arm that extends back to help support the bend but I'm not dead set on this.

TIA

Sean

On page 2 of this forum section, a thread titled "Panoz AIV Speedster" has photos of a tonneau cover installed on the modified Speedster. With this installation, the convertible top fasteners/studs you mentioned removing were used to attach the tonneau to the vehicle.

The thread also contains photos of a roll bar/hoop installed on TXFM's Roadster.

Comment

The problem with the roadster is the hoop would be so far back that there is nowhere to run the rear diagonals back to. I've spent some time thinking about it, and there's just not enough car back there!

Comment

Originally posted by sshrum View Post

TIA

Sean

Although it appears to impose some trade-offs regarding ingress/egress and full rearward seat movement, the photo attached shows another possibility for a roll bar in the Roadster.
        Attached Files

Comment

I saw this pic somewhere...being 6-foot, pulling the seat forward at all is a no go for me. I'm of the mindset that I'll forgo rollbars and use the existing bonnet posts for a tonneau cover. After ny lil accident, I'm gunna take it easier with my roadster...the damage didn't seem that bad (I've been in fender benders before with my other everyday cars), internal replacement parts are easily available but body repairs are at a premium.

Comment

Panoz roll bar

Call JR Tuning. They've done roll bars on Panoz and a lot of other types modifications. They at least are familiar with the cars.

1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
            2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
            3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

sshrum, any news on your repairs? If your AIV is back on the road send us some pics.
              IkeCan
              1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Still waiting...but when I get it back it will be a couple of days til I get some photos up. I'll have to plasti-dip the new driver side rear fender and have been wanting to redo the passenger side rear fender (I have a couple smooth spots on it that I want to roughen out.)

Comment

Roll Bar

I had a roll bar fab'd for mine in Jan '04 by a local guy in the Dallas area. It's made from Chrome Moly steel and powder coated silver. Let me see if I can attach pictures.
                  Attached Files
                  -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
                  -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
                  -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
                  -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
                  -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
                  -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

another pic showing the hoop secure bracket
                    Attached Files
                    -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
                    -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
                    -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel

Comment

pic of car - have also redone the interior and moved e-brake.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can you post some interior shots....curious how he worked around the gas tank.

Comment

I'll try to post some - yesterday I had some problems.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the duplicates.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X