NRG quick release on Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRG quick release on Roadster

Ok. I've successfully installed the NRG Quick Release 2.x to the stock Nardi/Ford hub. It does require the Momo/Nardi spacer to act as an adapter. As the quick connects on the NRG are paired as female/male, the Nardi hub and horn are paired as male/male so you'll need to buy a bag of tabs for about $3

NRG Quick Release 2.5 ~$130

NRG Spacer ~$30

NRG Lock ~$100

Unwrap/install photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90762776@N03/

This allows me to switch in the stock wheel for car shows and my Kallista for when I'm cruising. Plus the release / lock acts as a theft deterent.
    Last edited by sshrum; 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM.

I really like the look of the Nardi Kallista! Where did you get it?

If I wanted to change out my Momo to Nardi (without the quick release) do you have any idea what is required?

I wonder if the Panoz stock horn button would work(?)
    Thanks
    -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
    -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
    -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
    -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
    -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
    -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

The Panoz horn button (at least on my 99) is about twice as tall as a stock nardi horn. Worst case, you might be able to pop the Panoz top off and glue it on top of a nardi horn. Another option is to get a spacer (keep reading below).

The wheel is from Crowders Customizing:

The 99 has a Nardi made steering wheel hub so putting a Nardi on it is no problem. If you have a Momo currently, you can get the $30 NRG spacer hub which acts as an adapter between Momo and Nardi.
      Last edited by sshrum; 02-16-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I'll consider this.
        -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
        -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
        -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
        -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
        -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
        -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Working...
        X