Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIV Shocks Information FYI

I had this in my notes about the shocks for 1998:

Rear Shocks - Carrera 3374 shocks with 250lb. springs. The springs are chrome plated and 12" long. The shocks are a
    33 series shock. They are chrome steel bodied. Outside diameter is 1-5/8". Rod diameter is 1/2".
    Piston diameter is 1-3/16". Shocks are hyper-charged for better performance. The stroke is 7 inches.
    The rebound and compression valving is 220lbs. The extended length is 19.35 inches and the compressed
    length is 12.25 inches.

Panoz part number for rear Carrera shocks are PZR7-5119, and are $194.25 each from Panoz.

Front Shocks - Carrera 6255/4 shocks with 375 lb. coilover springs. The springs are chrome plated and 10" long. The shocks
    are a 62 series aluminum shock. Outside diameter is 1 5/8". Rod diameter is 1/2". Piston diameter is 1-3/16".
    The stroke is 5 inches. Rebound valving of 265lbs. and compression valving of 220lbs. The extended length
    is 15.54 inches and the compressed length is 10.57 inches. Shocks are also Hyper-charged for better performance.
    -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
    -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
    -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
    -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
    -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
    -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Anybody know what the part number is for the Penske shock that JRD offers as an upgrade on the Roadster?
    Attached Files

Comment

I would love to know this too...

Comment

In Aug 2005, I called John Leverett to see if he knew what the specs were on these units. John suggested that I might want to ask Josh Huskin at Panoz where to get them. John also said that the
        normal contact that he's delt with at Penske is Anita
        Millican.

I asked Josh Huskin what they cost and if he had any, and he said,"I don't have those in stock but I can have them in about a week. The price
        is $520.00 each if you want them."
        -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
        -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
        -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel

Comment

$520.00 each in 8 years ago dollars...........I bet they're considerably higher now.
          JRD is getting $1,884.00 installed for theirs.

Likely, if you fed the specifications of the Carrera shocks to someone who knew the Penske product line they could probably tell you exactly what the catalog number for the shock is that we seek.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 99panoz; 02-15-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

A few years ago, I sent a note to QA1 Motorsports (www.qa1.net) and explained I was thinking of upgrading the Carrera coilovers to 2-way adjustable shocks front & rear on my '98 Panoz AIV Roadster. I wanted the same spring rates, but adjustable compression and rebound.

Reed Styve (rstyve@qa1.net) at QA1 sent me this response: "Converting to the Double Adjustable Proma Stars are a very popular swap on the the Roadsters. You will still retain your original springs.
            The front shock number is DDR4955B and rears are DDR7855B.
            Hope this helps, please dont hesitate to contact me directly.
            Thanks!
            Reed Styve
            QA1 Motorsports
            Technical Dept."

I didn't buy them but I think they have new p/n's DD403 & DD601 and look to be around $250 each at Summit Racing.
            Free Shipping - QA1 Proma Star Coilover Shocks with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Coilover Shocks and Struts at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - QA1 Proma Star Coilover Shocks with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Coilover Shocks and Struts at Summit Racing.

Comment

A few years ago, I sent a note to QA1 Motorsports (www.qa1.net) and explained I was thinking of upgrading the Carrera coilovers to 2-way adjustable shocks front & rear on my '98 Panoz AIV Roadster. I wanted the same spring rates, but adjustable compression and rebound.

You know, I wasn't even thinking of the rears.......If JRD's pricing is for Penske's on all 4 corners (with installation included) then that may not be a bad deal at all.
              His website just says "Penske Shocks" - $1,884.00

Comment

Working...
              X