Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone feel that the car should have had more accessories for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone feel that the car should have had more accessories for the money?

I bought my car a few months ago for about 50% off retail; the car was in Canada and sat on the showroom floor for 7 years; and yes I stole it!

I was talking to John Lev Sr. and we were talking that if the cars sold for around $45k or so he could sell them all day long. The topic came up b/c they would perhaps like to resell road cars one day in a highly competitive market.
    My comment was but at $87-$123k(original pricing I found) Panoz cannot compete in my opinion and he understood.

For example, I have a Esp GT; sticker I have was about $87K....for that, had I paid retail and I would not have there is :
    No multi CD changer
    No rain sensor wipers
    No heated seats
    No cup holder(1?)
    No Chromatic/Dimming mirror????? in 2005? Now at night I have to "flip" the toggle on the mirror like in the old days!
    I get that we dont need a cup holder and GPS/etc crap BUT at that price point you can get that in everything today, Porsche, Maserati,F cars,hell even a Corvette.

As John Sr explained all the money was in the Body/ technology and I GET THAT
    BUT I think consumers today want some of those other features. I would take rain sensing wipers over cruise control; its a sports car; when will I put it in cruise, just an observation,no flames please, I LOVE THIS CAR and I would get one again, but not at the original retail price.

I know the GTLM had heated seats but I would think that at $87-89K that would be std? NOT just on the $123K model Dogdoc
    Last edited by dogdoc97; 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM.

Its a different animal than the other cars you list. Look at the new Viper and it has the same problems that you list for the Esperante. People looking at sports cars know that they'll give some things up. Not everyone wants a M3.

Comment

Working...
    X