Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone replaced the stock headlamps on the Esperante?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone replaced the stock headlamps on the Esperante?

I noted and its obvious that the stock lights are terrible; my Saab has better lighting! They seemed dull/orange to yellow at best; I had a shop replace the bulbs with a brighter bulb BUT not near the 5000 Kelvin/white yet; maybe better? I had some PIAA fog pamps installed, big improvement BUT when you look at the car the fogs are white and the headlamps real dull yellow; JRD tuning is telling me for a $1000 they can replace the lamps, but my buddy says your limited by the reflector porton and it will just scatter more light. I was driving in the rain the other night and they are really bad, even when not raining I really do drive slower, they just do not light up or OUT into the distance,I must say that for all the money they were charging back in 2005 there were HID lights available I am pretty sure, Dogdoc, Atlanta

Johan did the headlight conversion on my 2005 GTLM a few years ago when my car was at the Panoz Factory for upgrades. The Bi-Xenon lights are a huge improvement over the stock lights, however they have to warm up (takes a few seconds) and there is a time gap between the low beam and the high beam. I think that you might want to research projector headlight I think that they might work in the Panoz housing (not sure).

Please keep us posted.

Comment

Hid

try searching with HID 7 inch headlight conversion. I seem to remember that someone was making conversion kits. You'll need to install ballast, etc. though.
      1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
      2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
      3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

Working...
      X