Reverse Pops Out of Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Pops Out of Gear

Hope someone has experienced this issue. On occasion my '98 Roadster AIV will pop out of gear while in reverse. Is this a serious issue? All of the forward gears are perfect.
    IkeCan
    1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

It has happened to me quite often on my 99' AIV. It's just one of the quirks of the Roadster that you eventually get used to. My best guess is that it has more to do with the custom Panoz shift linkage (see pic) in lieu of being any type of Borg Warner problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 99panoz; 10-30-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks, that is good news. I was worried that it was a serious transmission problem. I would hate to have work done on the transmission when it is perfect for the forward gears. I did not realize that the gear shift was connected to the transmission via a lever. Your picture gave me a better idea of how the issue with reverse is likely due to the linkage between the gear shift and the transmission.
      IkeCan
      1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

You ought to call the factory and see if they have a simple fix for this issue.

Call to see if Joey McBride is still there. He's always been helpful for me. The last I spoke to him, he was the warranty mgr. Main number = 770-867-4796
        -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
        -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
        -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
        -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
        -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
        -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Working...
        X