Goodbye A/C - And New Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye A/C - And New Interior

Last Winter, I tore the interior apart and removed the A/C system and replaced it with a larger heater box from Vintage Air. Since I had it apart, I changed the interior. Speakers have been moved from between the seats to under the dash. E-Brake already moved to passenger floor. No more hitting my elbow on the E-Brake!
    Attached Files
    -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
    -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
    -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
    -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
    -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
    -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Nicely done. I think as these cars get past the new car feel, more and more owners will personalize adn improve them. I still would like to find a nice Roadster to convert to a OLD School style roadster.

Chop the windshield down, wood stearing wheel, open engine and no front fenders.

Comment

The interor looks great! Nice job!

How did you do the roll over bar? I'm looking at buying a Roadster and racing it a bit and a roll bar is important/required for some tracks.

Comment

Looks really good. What type of carpet did you use and where did you get it? Have been mulling over doing mine. It's getting that greenish tinge and I also was thinking of black. Mine is black and tan like yours.
        1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
        2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
        3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

I think I forgot to subscribe to email notifications, so sorry for not answering these.

My rollbar was fab'd from 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver. Fabricated by a guy in Dallas area.

Carpet - It was originally Tan in color, but I changed to black. I think it may be Essex Super Ultra-Plush. I ripped out the old carpet to be used as templates, but it still required a lot of fitting - I did that. Also, I laminated some maple to make a center hump where the e-brake was located, so my carpet had to be patterned to fit over the new "hump". The original floors were separate for each side. Mine had to have the center connecting both sides. That took a while to manage.

This was my list of changes before I redid the interior and added the larger heater and removed the A/C system:
          AIV Roadster - VIN#1P9PA1820WB213007 , DFW Area, TX
          Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
          Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
          Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotor (Stock is 13" vented rotor with Cobra 2-piston calipers)
          Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor (Stock is 10" vented rotor [T-Bird])
          E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
          Steeda Underdrive Pullies
          Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
          Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant
          A/C Delete Kit
          MSD Coils
          -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
          -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
          -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
          -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
          -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
          -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Working...
          X