Front Tire Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Tire Wear

I was just changing my oil the other day and I noticed the inside shoulder of both front tires have excessive wear compared to the outside edge. It looks like I have a ton of negative camber dialed in. I had new 17" tires installed and a new alignment done but the alignment numbers came up as within factory specs.

I'll monitor this new set of tires much closer but I was wondering if anyone else with a first year Esperante has had or is currently experiencing the same excessive wear pattern as I have noticed.

Craig

Originally posted by CMac View Post
    I was just changing my oil the other day and I noticed the inside shoulder of both front tires have excessive wear compared to the outside edge. It looks like I have a ton of negative camber dialed in. I had new 17" tires installed and a new alignment done but the alignment numbers came up as within factory specs.

I'll monitor this new set of tires much closer but I was wondering if anyone else with a first year Esperante has had or is currently experiencing the same excessive wear pattern as I have noticed.

Craig
    My car seems to have normal even wear in the front. Now, the rear tires are a different story. Excessive wear even with the traction control most of the time. I'm sure it doesnt have anything to do with my driving though.

Comment

Ditto

C Mac ,

When i first got my Esperate I had a set of Rosso's on it and they did the same thing
      I find some of it is due to the front tires are wide. Good news i did manage to get it aligned at Tire Hut in FTL 954 462 7780 the alignment tech has been their for 20 years. Since then the new Tires have run True

Comment

Thanks, I think I will give Tire Hut a shot then.
        I just remembered I had the beefier rack and pinion to frame attach fittings welded in. I bet when I removed and reinstalled the rack it changed the front end geometry.

Comment

Also early Esperantes had a steering rack bracket update, you might want to call PAD and see if you need it.

Comment

Yeah I found out the hard way. The left bracket was broken and the right was just about ready to go. My steering wheel wouldn't center after a turn so I thought the worm gear in the rack had broken until I jacked up the car and crawled under for a look. I talked to the guys at PAD and bought the replacement brackets then had a race shop in Davie weld them in.

Comment

Working...
            X