Jack points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack points?

This forum is great, I am very new to the auto world and learning as i go but this is a terrific source of information. My next dilemma is removing a rear fender to be fixed. After looking at the manual for the roadster I am still not sure where the best jack points are located? I spoke to an engineer at Panoz regarding this; however, I am very visual and I don't want to make an expensive mistake. Does anyone have any advice or pictures that may help?

Nate, I am also interested in seeing some pictures pointing out the jack points on the Roadster. I have heard that you can damage a channel that runs the length of the car if you don't pay attention to using the jack points on the frame. If anyone could post pictures that would be great.
    IkeCan
    1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

The engineer at Panoz mentioned jacking up the car in the following locations:
      Front - lower control arm, Rear - rear subframe (2x1 steel tube near the exhaust). This is different than what is in the manual and I don't want to chance it. Has anyone else used these jack points?

Comment

I've used the squared steel frame in the past but as my car is currently in the shop I got no pix for ya. When I get my roadster back I'll post some.

Comment

Working...
        X