Can they get $189K for a Panoz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can they get $189K for a Panoz?

Hey I am all for it but I was thinking this was maybe an issue years ago; very limited production car and as one of my buddies said at this price "unproven"?

They had a hard time at $89-$125K so I am not following the thought process; I get the exclusivity but they had that before, agree?

I hope it flies; obviously they are going after the Aston/Ferrari/Lambo guys as John L. had aluded too as I recall...time will tell. If I had the cash I would do it regardless of what others think......Doc

Panoz can be successful if they realize that although they build cars, they better not try to sell cars. They better focus on providing an experience that one cannot get elsewhere and that goes from the car itself to aftercare - and from what I'm reading on here, Panoz doesn't know how to appropriately focus on either.

Comment

That may be a fair statement....

I have not owned mine as long as others but I have been surprised that current owners were not contacted even in a marketing way or feedback from original buyers as I understand. Doc

Comment

For 189K....

I think they will need more power than the stock 320 hp 4.6L
        A JRD version of the 4.6L and a 6-speed trans, or the LS7 7L Corvette motor.

Last check their web site did not get into the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob E View Post
          For 189K....

Last check their web site did not get into the details.
          Had you seen this?

1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
          2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
          3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

what about other std equipment at that price?

rain sensing wipers; heated seats, auto dimming mirror and any other thing you can think of.....INCLUDING BETTER HEADLAMPS!!!!!!! Dogdoc

Comment

Originally posted by Bob E View Post
              For 189K....

I think they will need more power than the stock 320 hp 4.6L
              A JRD version of the 4.6L and a 6-speed trans, or the LS7 7L Corvette motor.
              They'd have to offer more than just the LS7 engine because then you get into the issue of just buying a Corvette to begin with. Panoz really haven't stated what their value added is. A LS7 with regen capacity would be different though.

Comment

That PDF reads two engine options: 305 and 330 CID both Aluminum 32valves. I'm trying to think what they could be (assuming 1 block family). Ford 5.0 Coyote motors?

-Tyler

Comment

Working...
                X