Panoz Name Debate????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoz Name Debate????

Glad to find the site today. I own a Esperante and love it.
    Ok here is my questions:

Do you pronounce it Pay Noze or is it Pan Noze. Inqiring minds want to know.

Originally posted by LeManns67 View Post
    Glad to find the site today. I own a Esperante and love it.
    Ok here is my questions:

Do you pronounce it Pay Noze or is it Pan Noze. Inqiring minds want to know.
    Good question, and welcome to the site, it is the founders last name so we should ask him.

Let me add one more variation Pu Noz

I generally say "Pan oze"

Comment

Well I say Pay Nose, but I have wondered this as well. Perhaps we will have someone from to Panoz Manufacture answer this on the site sometime as I know a few of them know about the new site now.

Comment

Panoz

Hi, have been struggling with that as well, and I always have said Pan-oze. So I thought I would would just call Panoz in Georgia and see how they answered the phone. A nice young lady answered, and said, "Thank you for calling Panoz Auto how can I help you." Felling a little stupid, I asked here to pronounce Panoz again, told her I was working on a little project, she said "PAY-NOZE," so I said can you spell that for me if you were to pronounce it, and she said, P-A-Y / N-O-Z-E, so I said it is not PAN-OZE, she said no it is PAY-NOZE. I told here it was for Panoz Life, and it was one of the discussions, and she said she was glad to help. Well at least we have it solved, until next time someone might call, and they say it the other way.
        Specializing in Ford and Mercury Classic Cars, Parts, Automobilia and Appraisals!!!!

Comment

Good to have it decided. I will make sure to say PAY NOZE!! Now if I can just figuare out Porshce or PorschAAA. LOL.

Comment

I read once, cannot find the article now, where Danny said it is pronounced Pay Noze. He went on to say just like paying thru the nose.

Also an obscure fact from Road and Track 10/99 " the roots of Don Panoz's mother can be traced to the Emerald Isle, although the name is short for Panunzio."

Comment

Working...
            X