Looking for esperante coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for esperante coupe

Hi everyone, I am a new member here and I am starting the hunt for my first Panoz-esperante coupe to use as a DD. Always loved the car and am now in a position to purchase one. I would really appreciate any leads,

Thanks
    Keith

cars dot com has a panoz catagory..
    a 2004 with 145K miles asking $28500.00
    Note I have no personal knowledge of this car.

On Ebay there may be a few cars. If you use advanced search you can look at "completed" listings for previous unsold cars.

http://www.dmautosales.com they were a panoz dealer back in the day.

Good luck and welcome. Bob E

Comment

D & M sold a 2005 GTLM a while ago...
      Used 2005 Panoz Esperante GTLM Stock # M4605 in Glen Ellyn, IL at D & M Motorsports, IL's premier pre-owned luxury car dealership. Come test drive a Panoz today!

Comment

Thanks Bob, the coupe that is for sale is actually about an hour from my house. May be worthwhile to go take a look at it. What are your thoughts based on the ad?

Comment

An hour away go for it. See, Sit, and DRIVE it! See if they have service records, car fax ect. At 145K miles what needs to be done?

I dont know how many miles the 4.6L 4 cam can do before overhaul. Check out Mustang forums/clubs and get a feel for it. Also price out a rebuild on it and the tranny. I did not notice last night it had an automatic trans. Ad say 5 speed but I think it may be a 4. I am not fluent in Ford. The manual was a 5-speed and 6-speed on the GTLM. I will have to go through my sales brochures to find out what was offfered.

Also It requires PREMIUM fuel only and it will be thirsty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktr6 View Post
            Hi everyone, I am a new member here and I am starting the hunt for my first Panoz-esperante coupe to use as a DD. Always loved the car and am now in a position to purchase one. I would really appreciate any leads,

Thanks
            Keith

Keith,

Welcome to the forum. I’m certain the forum will provide you with some very helpful information in your search for an Esperante.

With regard to the Esperante coupe you mentioned, I’ll note some information I’ve obtained. I’ll also add some information provided by forum member PanozGTLM … a very knowledgeable Panoz guy. It is my understanding two versions of the Esperante Coupe were produced.

One version, built during the 2004 and 2005 model years, had a separate hardtop affixed to a convertible body. Per the VIN list supplied by Ackmann in the Panoz Models section of the forum, it appears a total of 3 Esperantes are noted as “coupes” for the two model years. However, there may have been more produced but not noted as such in the VIN list and/or some owners may have purchased a hardtop to install on their Esperante convertibles.

A second version of the coupe was produced for model year 2006. The 2006 coupe had a roll bar installed as a substructure for the coupe roof and the top was an integral part of the body as opposed to a separate hardtop affixed to a convertible body (no seam at the top of the windshield frame) as it was in 2004 and 2005. Per the VIN list, 2 coupes were built in 2006. However, several of the 2006 vehicles do not have details noted and could have also been coupes.

There is also 1 coupe in the VIN list noted as sold in 2007. However, it was exported to Qatar and was not certified for sale in the US.

Good luck with your search.
            Last edited by Second Wind; 01-31-2014, 10:28 AM. Reason: corrected VIN information

Comment

Working...
            X