Panoz.com update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoz.com update

Their website has a lot more stuff on it. Still nothing really new but it's now a functioning website, not just a splash page. Or maybe I was close to right in my other post, that they are going to remarket 4 existing models but with upgrades. That's what it's beginning to sound like to me. Anyone else heard anything?

Last edited by 99PanozAIV; 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM.
    1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
    3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Oops!

Treed I see. Well, little repetition never hurt that much.
    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I find it very interesting that the old website is totally gone! If they are a new company why take it down? Or better yet use some of the info from it.

Just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by PanozGTLM View Post
        I find it very interesting that the old website is totally gone! If they are a new company why take it down? Or better yet use some of the info from it.

Just my thoughts
        From comments on here by other members, Panoz makes a lot of decisions that do not appear profitable or logical.

Comment

Originally posted by ishigakisensei View Post
          From comments on here by other members, Panoz makes a lot of decisions that do not appear profitable or logical.
          Yeah. It's really kind of amateurish. Did you see the video they have of the guy with the black AIV looking at the engine and saying "695 horse". If he's talking about that engine, he's out of his mind. But maybe he's talking about one of their track cars (given the batmobile comment) but it still makes it seem like he's out to lunch. They could have just edited out that bit.
          2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
            Yeah. It's really kind of amateurish. Did you see the video they have of the guy with the black AIV looking at the engine and saying "695 horse". If he's talking about that engine, he's out of his mind. But maybe he's talking about one of their track cars (given the batmobile comment) but it still makes it seem like he's out to lunch. They could have just edited out that bit.
            Totally agree. It just goes to show how few video's there really are in cyberspace dedicated to the Panoz brand. It's pretty sad when they resort to amateur videos (and video game clips) on their own website as promotional tools. Of course, someone doing donuts in the PADC parking lot in a Roadster wouldn't have been much different either......
            From the manufacturers perspective, you would think that they would capitalize on the mass audience and free publicity by uploading some interesting videos to You-Tube to stir some interest and promote the brand.
            Can you imagine the value and fitting tribute that a video with all the current Panoz owners and their cars making a parade lap at the final ALMS race at Road Atlanta would have been? Again, it's not the we didn't open the door for such an opportunity.

Comment

Seems pretty obvious that current owners would be a great source of free advertising. Simply judging from my own experiences as the owner of two Esperante GTLMs, I am routinely stopped and harassed for information about the car by people of both sexes and all shapes, sizes, ages, etc... My response usually includes a statement like, "They don't make street legal cars anymore..." The reaction I get is almost ALWAYS a very bummed out look and frequently a reply along the lines of "would you consider selling yours?" I KNOW I could have sold at least 5 like mine by now for MUCH more than I paid for them....

Comment

Originally posted by Panoz4me View Post
                Seems pretty obvious that current owners would be a great source of free advertising. Simply judging from my own experiences as the owner of two Esperante GTLMs, I am routinely stopped and harassed for information about the car by people of both sexes and all shapes, sizes, ages, etc... My response usually includes a statement like, "They don't make street legal cars anymore..." The reaction I get is almost ALWAYS a very bummed out look and frequently a reply along the lines of "would you consider selling yours?" I KNOW I could have sold at least 5 like mine by now for MUCH more than I paid for them....
                That's very interesting. What region are you in? I know someone near me in NY who is looking to sell his 2002 Esperante. Figured I would help him out and spread the word. Not one offer has come in! Not even a lowballer. It's been several months.

I've seen the car and gone for a ride, and it's in great condition. No idea why nobody has expressed any serious interest in it.

Comment

I suspect that in the big picture Panoz has done a lousy job of marketing themselves. Very few car guys I know have ever heard of the brand much less seen an Esperante.

Comment

Originally posted by djs308 View Post
                    I suspect that in the big picture Panoz has done a lousy job of marketing themselves. Very few car guys I know have ever heard of the brand much less seen an Esperante.
                    Yeah, I go to quite a few cruise-ins around here, and a few shows, and I'm still floored by so many people that just walk by and, without really looking, glibly say "Prowler". Interestingly, apparently because of some video games, it's been the young kids that sometimes have corrected their parents.
                    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I'm in the Midwest. To be fair, my GTLM is triple black and it looks incredibly slick, even with an old fat guy behind the wheel...I get comments or questions every single time I pull out of my garage.

Comment

Working...
                      X