News news news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News news news!

Was at JRD tuning for an oil change today; saw John Leverett Sr, and met "Bill", the new CFO; it is official, Bill and DON Panoz will be building cars again for the street.

Bill said his background was in the energy industry; the goal is to make GTLM like cars but updated as I understand him; also heard from JRD (Johan) that Dan is working on the Abruzzi to finally come alive!

Bill also stated that they want to have an "owners club" which would be awesome; I am excited all over again!

PS John Sr. said he will try to get something for us(fall meeting) in the Fall if we can get some numbers up....Doc

Fantastic news!! Please keep us up to date as you hear more.

How many people do we need to make the fall meeting work?
    IkeCan
    1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

good news. want to get excited, but after seeing Fisker go down in smoke, I want to be cautiously optimistic. Talking and doing are two different things, but being proven wrong is a big win for everyone.

Comment

Big difference between Fisker and Panoz. Fisker was an ego spending other people's money. Panoz has experience, including hard costly experience, and they are investing their own financial and sweat equity. I hope they do it. As you all know, anyone who sees our cars, loves them.

We would like to come to an event in Atlanta this fall with our GTLM (from Chicago), but the calendar is already getting full. We need to either pick a date ourselves and invite ourselves over to Uncle Don/Dan's place or get then to pull the trigger soon.
        2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Agreed factory needs to back it, if they really want to build cars then they need us and we need them, after all even Jesus had his 12....

Comment

Originally posted by dogdoc97 View Post
            Was at JRD tuning for an oil change today; saw John Leverett Sr, and met "Bill", the new CFO; it is official, Bill and DON Panoz will be building cars again for the street.

Bill said his background was in the energy industry; the goal is to make GTLM like cars but updated as I understand him; also heard from JRD (Johan) that Dan is working on the Abruzzi to finally come alive!

Bill also stated that they want to have an "owners club" which would be awesome; I am excited all over again!

PS John Sr. said he will try to get something for us(fall meeting) in the Fall if we can get some numbers up....Doc
            When he says "get some numbers up", is he referring to a general inquiry of our attendance roster or is he saying if we can get more people involved then he will get more involved? Like 2006GTLM said above, peoples calendar's are starting to fill up so if we don't hurry up and nail down some dates, venues and activity list then we may loose even more of the interested parties.

Comment

I will call John on Monday!

See if I can pin him down on Monday, Doc

Comment

ok guys, spoke to John Lev Sr, he said they would most definitely want to do something for us owners......the problem is they expect that the entire grounds of buildings and the museum etc to be re-worked in the next few months as they rebuild for the relaunch of the marque. . He did say they would like to have a corrale(sp) like they did for 5 years for the Panoz owners at the Petite Lemans this coming Fall; so in a nut shell he would like to do something for us but the renovations will probably be a sticking point for this year......Doc

Comment

One would think that they'd want to harness this rare opportunity of our interest and willingness in getting together for their own benefit in re-launching of the brand and all at little cost or effort to them.
                  I think it's now becoming apparent as to why these types of events ever perished and always seemed to face such strong headwinds on their return.

Comment

The return of TVR has just been announced so why the silence about Panoz? 99panoz, your observation seems spot on.

Comment

John SR if your reading...

lets get something together...even if its just sponsoring a Panoz Car Corrale at the petite lemans this Fall,Dogdoc(max)

Comment

Working...
                      X