2006 Esperante GT at Russo and Steele Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Esperante GT at Russo and Steele Auction

This '06 GT sells for $77,000. Nice car. Nice price. Thoughts?

Nice price, nice car. I like the color combination. While it is nice to get a low mileage, untitled car, I would be a little worried about a six year old car that has sat undriven for so long. I hope the new owner is kind to that engine before pushing it.

I like the price, but I paid a little less than that for my new GTLM in 2008 from a Panoz dealer in Fresno that only sold one Panoz, mine. My car is a keeper, but it does seem the way to go selling one is through the auctions these days. Ebay sales still stay way low, it must be the cocktails at the auctions that help out the pricing.
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Thats very good to hear. It said the car was never titled does that mean its still under warranty? Can you buy a car from a dealer and not title it?

Comment

Strong price. I would agree that the auctions seem to be the best place to get a good price. I've done the Arizona Aution thing before and you always have more costs, so is the NET Price better. 8-10% sales commission, $500-1000 listing fee at the auction, trucking to get the car there, detailing at the auction if you shipped open truck, effort of dusting and polishing at the auction as there is always dust flying around, cost of the flight to get you and any family there to run it accross the blocks, lodging and food, rental car, cost of attending the other auctions and/or activities gfoing on around town, cost of the truck to get it home if you dont meet your reserve if you use one.

I do believe the Panoz presents so well in person that it receives a bonus wow factor in a crowd of bidders though.

Comment

Update

JRD Tuning upgraded this beauty, adding a Kenne Bell supercharger and other options from the '06 GTLM. The owner babied it for about 100 miles and then...well let's just say if they can't see you, they can't catch you... If the new guys at Panoz (and Johan) can build cars as well as they did in 2006, they'll sell plenty. Should be great news for all the owners of low or no-milage first generation cars...

Comment

Price seems high...especially when one just went for $35K not to long ago.

I've been to enough car auctions to know it's all about time and place...time and place.

"Untitled"? EVERY car has a title coming out of the factory door, most likely signed by Mr. Panoz himself. UNREGISTERED, that's possible.

On the note of never been registered:

Serious car collectors set themselves up as "car dealers" (hey, every car is for sale: $1m and this Pinto is yours) and do not have to have their cars registered however, once the car is sold, the title transfers but must be surrendered when you register it outside of Georgia. My Roadster title was signed by Dan Panoz himself but I had to forfeit it at the DMV when I got my CA title.

By not having to register the car, the "car dealers" avoid paying annual registration on the vehicle (my 1999 Roadster that I got earlier this year was the same way) as well as not having to pay full tax on the purchase. Warranty is out on these thou.

Just noticed that was the same auction I picked up my Roadster at: Scottsdale 2012. Mine was the Yellow 99. Odd...can't seem to find it in the previous auction history...then again that black roadster wasn't there either (a red one and my yellow one were) so something on the R&S site is messed up.
            Last edited by sshrum; 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

MY GT out of Canada was still on Ga title/MSO it appeared

never titled in Canada, Had Georgia title and that is how I was able to bring this car back without any import tax; the dealer shipped the car back to the factory as if it was defective and being returned. My car was in Quebec with 533 miles; was a Panoz dealer up there that never sold this car...dogdoc

Comment

Working...
              X