Factory Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Tour

We've own our AIV Roadster since 2004. We bought her brand new (as a dealer demo) from a dealer in PA and had her shipped down to FL. We have never been to the factory in GA but would like to go. I have tried several times this week to contact the factory to verify we can set up a visit but have had no luck getting through. I know these guys are busy but I don't want to drive all the way from S. Florida and not be able to get in.

Does anyone have an inside scoop on the factory?

Thank you!
    RLToy
    1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Ask for Joey McBride. He built my car, and maybe yours too. A friend of mine talked to Joey a month ago about setting up a tour for a small group that I planning a weeklong BlueRidge Parkway tour. Joey was very welcoming but did warn me that there is very little happening at the factory. It appears that the Abruzzi project has stalled, and all they are working on is a very private projects that they would keep under wraps. Let us know if you have any luck.
    2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Originally posted by 2006GTLM View Post
      Ask for Joey McBride. He built my car, and maybe yours too. A friend of mine talked to Joey a month ago about setting up a tour for a small group that I planning a weeklong BlueRidge Parkway tour. Joey was very welcoming but did warn me that there is very little happening at the factory. It appears that the Abruzzi project has stalled, and all they are working on is a very private projects that they would keep under wraps. Let us know if you have any luck.
      Well I have left him a message also! For little happening in the shop they sure are tough to get on the horn! LOL
      RLToy
      1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Comment

It has been a while but I thought I would post on our factory tour from October. Shortly after my previous post, Joey McBride called to schedule our tour for the following week.

We arrived with the roadster in-tow and met Joey to take the tour. It was so cool to see all of the different Panoz race cars on display and even one of the original Roadsters. Joey was very accommodating and knowledgeable. They were working on repairing/restoring someone's AIV, which it seems a lot of the work is done by Joey himself. We brought Joey out to see our car and he was thrilled to see what good condition she was in. He went inside and brought out Danny Panoz, and he too was thrilled with the car which made us feel really proud. We discussed some future modifications/upgrades we want to do to the car with Joey and Danny and plan to return with the car when the time comes. After our tour we had lunch at the Chateau Elan Resort and winery. It was beautiful and the food (& wine) was lovely. Next trip we plan to make a weekend out of it and stay at the Chateau. I would encourage all Panoz owners to make a "pilgrimage" to the factory at least once.

Afterwards we continued North and West to the "Tail of the Dragon" in Western NC/East TN. What a ride. Details and pics in a separate thread.

Meanwhile, some pics of our tour....
        Attached Files
        RLToy
        1998 Panoz AIV Roadster

Comment

Good addition. Thanks for the pics. Any activity going on on anything?

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. Probably not a good omen that the Abruzzi race car was in the museum and not in a race shop. It was hoping to be able to follow a Panoz in ALMS this year.
            2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Working...
            X