Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoz Roadster for sale

grgrrgrgrgrgrg
    Last edited by dashley504; 06-05-2012, 11:02 AM.

Pics of the engine?

What was done to increase the HP?
    Thanks!
    -Differential gears changed from 3:27 to 3:73
    -Custom Rollbar - 1 5/8" Tubular Steel. #4130 Alloy [Chrome Moly]. Powder Coated Silver
    -Front Brakes - Brembo, 4-Piston,14-inch Rotors/ Rear Brakes - Cobra Mustang 11.65-inch vented rotor
    -E-Brake - Lokar EHB700F-01-lg repositioned to passenger side floor from drive shaft tunnel
    -Steeda Underdrive Pullies / Steeda Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
    -Billett Aluminum Clutch Quadrant / A/C Delete Kit /MSD Coils

Comment

Looks like he sold it!

Panoz AIV Roadster, extremely rare, excellent condition
      Other Makes : AIV
      1997 Other Makes AIV Roadster
      VIN #:1P9PA1821VB213015
      Other Makes : AIV

Item Location: New Orleans, LA, United States
      Ended: May 10, 201112:45:44 PDT
      Bid history:
      19 bids
      Winning bid: US $25,100.00
      Highly collectible, extremely rare................
      selling my 1997 Panoz AIV Roadster black/black
      only 15,500 miles.
      suede and leather interior
      Roush 5 spoke wheels and Roush emblems on the side of the car.
      Custom made side exhaust...this is how they should have been made from the factory...it makes the car look and sound awesome.
      Paint in great condition, canvas top in great condition.
      This car is a blast to drive. I have at least one person stops and ask me about the car and everybody else just stares at it.
      The car is in fantastic condition and comes with the original canvas top and windows.

The next owner will be very happy with this car...I guarantee. I know because I currently own it and every time I drive it I fall in love with it again. The look on peoples faces when you pull up never gets old. If an original Shelby Cobra and a Vintage Italian race car had a child....this would be it.
      These cars rarely come up for sale. There were under 300 produced total. That is about as rare as they come. Search Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus, Prowler, Shelby Cobra etc, etc...and you will find tons for sale. Search Panoz and you will find mine. People just don't sell these cars. Due to my current situation I need to sell my car.

A little history on the car:

Starting in 1994 Panoz developed an aluminum chassis for the Roadster. This new chassis would both reduce assembly time (yet 350 man hours were still put into each copy), and reduce weight improving performance. In 1996 a new prototype was unveiled, which differed substantially from the original car. It had an extruded aluminum space frame with a central backbone. Special adhesives were used to attach the frame and body.[4] Equally important, an entirely new drive train was used, the 1996 Mustang SVT Cobra all aluminum, V-8 DOHC 32 valve motor. Consequently the new Roadster was at approximately 70% aluminum[5] and was dubbed an Aluminum Intensive Vehicle, the AIV Roadster. The new engine produced 305 horsepower (227 kW) and 300 foot-pounds force (410 N·m) of torque.

As you can see they came stock with 305hp Shelby Cobra engine and a 3:25 rear end. My car has been tuned to over 400hp, 3:75 rear end, custom radiator, heavy duty clutch and custom made side exhaust. The car now has the extra "umph" that it was screaming for. A lot of money went into this car to make it what it is today.

Comment

Working...
      X