Esperante Spare Tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esperante Spare Tire question

I'm the second owner of my Esperante, and have to admit that it was only after having it in the garage for a couple of days did I ask, uh, where's the spare tire? What are other owners doing with regards to the flat tire issue? Mounting run flat tires, keeping a can of Fix a Flat in the trunk, keeping the AAA Club card up to date and fingers crossed? Thanks.

Its Magic, if you get a flat a Pit Crew is dispatched from the closest ALMS course to your position. They will bring a fresh BF Goodrich Tire and Bam your done!!!!

This is of course for vehicles equipped with the optional Air Jack System. Otherwise cross your fingers keep good tires at all times

Comment

Originally posted by Rarity View Post
      Its Magic, if you get a flat a Pit Crew is dispatched from the closest ALMS course to your position. They will bring a fresh BF Goodrich Tire and Bam your done!!!!

This is of course for vehicles equipped with the optional Air Jack System. Otherwise cross your fingers keep good tires at all times
      Now that you mentioned "flat" I think everyone should throw salt over their shoulders!

To answer your question when your Panoz was new it came with a 3 year roadside assistance policy to fix flats.

Since thats expired I have Hagarty for my insurance and they offer a roadside plan as part of my policy. I hope this helps

Comment

My roadside assistance plan is my cell phone. I have wondered the what if a few time and just decided that if in need. Call and either have it faxed on the side of the road and/or flatbed it to the nearest tire shop that is able to take care of it.

On the tire issue. My Esperante is now 10 years old and has the original tires on it still. (10K on the clock) I feel the tires need to be replaced out of pure safety, but they still look in good shape and I hate throw good mony away for stuff that isn't needed. Still plan on changing, just dont know when. When I do I have considered updating to 18" wheels from the 17" that came with the car. I may just dismount the original wheels and tires and store for future collectability,especially since this car was the media mule for the 07/01 Car & Driver Article. May make a difference many years from now to keep it original. (WHO KNOWS)

Anyways, if I do upgrade size I think I may need to adjust the suspension as the early Esperante's ran a Penske suspension and had less clearance between the tires and the wheel well. I also have noticed that the early cars or at least mine, the steering wheel was less offset than a couple of later model GT and GTLM I have sat in. (Interesting?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ackmann View Post
          My roadside assistance plan is my cell phone. I have wondered the what if a few time and just decided that if in need. Call and either have it faxed on the side of the road and/or flatbed it to the nearest tire shop that is able to take care of it.

On the tire issue. My Esperante is now 10 years old and has the original tires on it still. (10K on the clock) I feel the tires need to be replaced out of pure safety, but they still look in good shape and I hate throw good mony away for stuff that isn't needed. Still plan on changing, just dont know when. When I do I have considered updating to 18" wheels from the 17" that came with the car. I may just dismount the original wheels and tires and store for future collectability,especially since this car was the media mule for the 07/01 Car & Driver Article. May make a difference many years from now to keep it original. (WHO KNOWS)

Anyways, if I do upgrade size I think I may need to adjust the suspension as the early Esperante's ran a Penske suspension and had less clearance between the tires and the wheel well. I also have noticed that the early cars or at least mine, the steering wheel was less offset than a couple of later model GT and GTLM I have sat in. (Interesting?)
          When you replace your tires look at the BF Goodrich KDW Rear tires only last me about 5K. I have all brands from $275 to $675. I was never a BF Goodrich fan Johan @JRD talked me into these tires they have been great. If you want to go to 18 in wheels call him, i think you will need a fuel filler upgrade as well.

Comment

I never thought to ask about a spare...!

Comment

Working...
            X