Where did you see your First Panoz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you see your First Panoz

The First Panoz I saw was in Monterey CA color was Yellow four years ago.
    Called Panoz the next day, and Danny's wife answered the phone and sold me
    on the car and the company... Now Where did you see your first one?

Nice good question. I saw my first one at Portland International Raceway. I was familiar with them from reading articles adn seeing things on tv, but when I went to a SCCA event and was running around the pits I was very impressed with the cars I was seeing running in the GT event. They had 3-4 if I remember right and they were up against a few Porsche's and Vipers; at least those were the cars running at the top af the pack. The Panoz Cars had great lines and I just loved the story behind them. I saw my first street car at Gran prix Imports and that was the one that just sold for $99K at BJ this last january. They had it in the showroom and it stood out heavily among all the others cars except for the Spyker they were selling parked next to it. Not as practical as the Panoz and more money but the Spyker is sweet as well and I loved the shifting linkage. I looked at one on Ebay from time to time and found a few starting to come down to a price range that I was able to push my way into. After owning the Panoz for awhile now. It fits me perfectly. Looks, sound, rarity, great story to share. The first sportscar I have owned that I dont see myself selling down the road.

Next car I buy will be in addition too. Probably a classic sports car or luxuary saloon. I will say though, I am looking forward to the price of the new Mercedes Gull Wing to come down in the secondary market as I would like to buy one of those in 5 years or so.
    Last edited by Ackmann; 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

My first exposure was reading an article in a magazine. Maybe C&D don't know. The Esperante was my siting ad I was driving down the freeway and one went by me. I chased it for a few miles checking it out until my exit came up. Red & Tan

Comment

Working...
      X