How Collectable are Panoz Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Collectable are Panoz Cars?

I see panoz as a good investment car for a long-term purchase. They have good performance, low production numbers, real mfg history and connections, racing pedigry, good ownership back story, as well as great lines.

I'm guessing most Roadsters will stall out at 20-30K in value, Most Esperantes will stall out 30-40K value and hold there for awhile then slowly rise with inflation and fewer performance cars available as the greeny's influance true performance cars over the next decade.

With and hopefully when Panoz comes out with new models then perhaps they will be well received and give additional exposure to the previous great Panoz cars and we will see demand for affordable cars rise.

What do you think?

Whats each model going to be averaging in 2025?

It is already happening, take a look at some Esperante facts you have a Production car with less than 300 made with a model year that ended in 2006.
    For the last 3 years Ebay has averaged 3 to 5 units for sale all the time. For the
    last six months it is less than 1. Most vehicles online are the same ones that have been for sale for about year. I believe collectors are already storing these cars away. will there be another Esperante, hope so i think it will be Ford power
    using the Coyote Aluminum V8 and will more than likely have to be recertifed
    and tested due to most of the Ford parts they have used in the past have been
    discontinued. Ive had one for over 3 years it has been a great driving experience, and look forward to purchasing another one someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarity View Post
      It is already happening, take a look at some Esperante facts you have a Production car with less than 300 made with a model year that ended in 2006.
      For the last 3 years Ebay has averaged 3 to 5 units for sale all the time. For the
      last six months it is less than 1. Most vehicles online are the same ones that have been for sale for about year. I believe collectors are already storing these cars away. will there be another Esperante, hope so i think it will be Ford power
      using the Coyote Aluminum V8 and will more than likely have to be recertifed
      and tested due to most of the Ford parts they have used in the past have been
      discontinued. Ive had one for over 3 years it has been a great driving experience, and look forward to purchasing another one someday.

Good observation of the current situation.

Comment

2011 Panoz

I spoke to the factory today and they tell me that they hope to introduce the Panoz Mark II in 2011.
        Life's a breeze and I have a sail.

Comment

So yes, I believe that the panoz cars will be collectables down the road and most are starting to find a base value where they will stall for a number of years and then slowly begin to rise sometime down the road. Much like a Pantera, or a number of British cars such as Austin Healey.

So then the next question is what should I be doing besides taking car of the car to protect the future chance of it to be more desireable as a collectable?

Comment

Working...
          X