Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for parts for an Esperante

Hello all.

i am happy i found this forum, always good to be surrounded by enthusisats.

i am looking for a driver's door and a few other parts for the rear suspension.

Can anybody steer me in the right direction? and what are the interchangeable parts and with which other vehicle(mustang?)

thank you for the help

Originally posted by zigerman View Post
    Hello all.

i am happy i found this forum, always good to be surrounded by enthusisats.

i am looking for a driver's door and a few other parts for the rear suspension.

Can anybody steer me in the right direction? and what are the interchangeable parts and with which other vehicle(mustang?)

thank you for the help
    Bodywork and chassis are all Panoz, a lot of the suspension too, and interior. Major mechanicals (engine, engine management, drive train) are Ford sourced.
    Last edited by 99PanozAIV; 12-16-2009, 04:55 PM. Reason: correction
    1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
    3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

Comment

I would think the best source for the Esperante body parts is Panoz Auto directly. Just call and ask for Josh in Parts. He has always been very helpful when I 've needed something.

Panoz Auto 770-867-4796.

Comment

Originally posted by LeManns67 View Post
        Just call and ask for Josh in Parts. He has always been very helpful when I 've needed something.

Panoz Auto 770-867-4796.
        Internal electronics are from mustang cobra as well as the cobra Brembo brakes. JRT has upgrades available and I have also found custom billet interior items at some of the mustang suppliers. Overall the Panoz has been really nice the way it is and I havent had to buy anything really. If you buy some stuff let us know and how much it was so we all have an idea about it in case a need arises.

Comment

panoz parts

Thank you all for the prompt reply

Well the story is the following:

I found by complete coincidence a damaged 2004 Esperante, Beth is her name, and i am in canada, Montreal more specifically, and Panoz are quite rare here, actually this is the only one that i have ever seen..They only became road legal or officially importable in 2004...

I have always dreamt of having one, and when i saw this one i thought i have got to have it, so now my mission in life is to bring BETH back to life and hopefully realise my dream of having one.

Beth has 12000kms, she is blue, and has a manual tranny. It is exactly what i have always dreamed of(manual, light blue)

The accident that it was involved in got it in the rear suspension(right side) and the left side(door, quarter panel). The front and everything else is intact, this car should not end up a donor car, it should hit the tarmac this summer when snow is gone.

The rear suspension is not easy to find in here, it is a Mustang Cobra suspension, but Cobras are quite a rare sight in here, and for that reason rarely end up in a scrap yard, they always get rebuilt...

That being said i found the needed parts on e-bay for the suspension, what is left is both quarter panels(right and left), the left door, and the left rocker panel. Oh and a wheel.

I contacted the HQ of panoz, they do have the parts, but i am trying to source used ones if possible before i go for new. Needless to say that they are pricey especially after shipping, customs and other expenses.

So i need a left door, quarter panels and left rocker panels.

I hope somebody has a lead, or maybe you can refer me to another website/forum, or if you see something on e-bay...

Thank you all for the help.

Adam

Comment

You have to step up and buy the OEM body parts from Panoz. If your thinking you might find aftermarket parts or a parted out unit, Don't waste your time. You really dont have another source for the parts. The good news is the car is based on a race car chassis and is built to be easily rebuilt after an accident at the track. Thus it is designed in individual sections and meant to protect the integrity of the car.

Another good reason for the Panoz. Enjoy your car and get it going so you'll be ready for spring.

Comment

Parts for Esperante

Ye$ i agree, the body parts are going to be OEM panoz most probably, but sometimes we can get lucky...one can always dream..

I have restored in the past classic cars and you would be surprised of how lucky you can get with parts that you need when you need them....agreed that it is a very remote chance...

Comment

Originally posted by zigerman View Post
                Ye$ i agree, the body parts are going to be OEM panoz most probably, but sometimes we can get lucky...one can always dream..

I have restored in the past classic cars and you would be surprised of how lucky you can get with parts that you need when you need them....agreed that it is a very remote chance...
                I have a digital file of the full Esperante Parts Manual that I will send you if you PM me your direct email address. It may be handy for breaking down the parts needed. I've wanted to post this file to the Library, but the memory for the site isn't large enough yet. (Someday).

Free Parts Manual vs a few pictures and updates of the project posted to the site.

Comment

parts for Esperante.

Thank you ackmann, i will be posting pics as soon as i have time.

Re-parts catalogue: I have contacted Panoz HQ and they have already sent me the file, very helpful indeed. Thank you all the same.

Now the question is to find the interchangeable parts with ford, the mechanical parts are getting sorted (found the spindle and other miscelanous parts), the body panels are specific to Panoz, but i am wondering the door glass, door lock mechanism and all the inner door parts: Are they Ford parts? I guess i have to dismantle to get my answers..

I will keep you posted how things are advancing with my project.. i have enough work to entertain me for a good part of winter.. and that is what counts the most.

Cheers everybody and A MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR ALL,

Comment

I havent had to open up the doors, but I'm guessing the glass is Panoz and the internal window components and electronics are Ford Cobra. I know the swithes are for sure. Let us know what you find and start a Photobucket or a Picasa site to photograph the whole rebuild of the car and many haven't seen this yet for a Panoz.

Comment

How is your project going? I purchased a damaged car also. Front passenger side damage. So I am looking for parts too. I know this post is old but just wondering how it went for you and any tips. Thanks

Comment

Congrats on your purchase! I am assuming you bought the Black 2002 with 10,766 miles on her? You have the makings of a beautiful car. Call the factory and see what parts they have (they should have everything) in stock. Some food for thought - not sure if you need a new hood or not but if I ever have to replace my hood I would use the one from JRD with the intake scoops. And you might want to explore the option of putting a GTLM front bumper of you car.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks

thanks. You are correct about the car. Josh was able to give my a quote on fixing the car. He had it on file from when they did a quote for the insurance company. Parts are about 8k. I am hoping to find some parts used if possible. The good thing is this is a winter project. Also I am only about 5 hours from Panoz.
                          This is my second Panoz. I had a Roadster a few years ago. Car #3.
                          Last edited by bigkev; 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigkev View Post
                            thanks. You are correct about the car. Josh was able to give my a quote on fixing the car. He had it on file from when they did a quote for the insurance company. Parts are about 8k. I am hoping to find some parts used if possible. The good thing is this is a winter project. Also I am only about 5 hours from Panoz.
                            This is my second Panoz. I had a Roadster a few years ago. Car #3.
                            Josh is a great guy! Unfortunatly there is not a big market for Panoz body parts. I have one headlight that I bought years ago for my first Esperante and never used it (have to check if its left or right). The factory was great at getting the deales whatever they needed so non of the dealers kept inventory. Good luck

Comment

Got my car today

My damaged black 02 came in today. It is going to take a little more than I thought. But it is a cool car. If you are looking for some pictures I will be taking lots. I will looking for used replacement parts it possible. But I am sure most will come from Panoz.

Comment

Working...
                              X