Special Keizer Cars & Coffee this Saturday at 10:30AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Keizer Cars & Coffee this Saturday at 10:30AM

12/4/09: We are quicky organizing a special KC&C to show support for a 15yr old boy who have just started his battle with a surprised life complication. He is a car guy. No formal event; just if your able too drive down to Keizer Station Starbucks at 10:30am tomorrow and have a cup and a chance to catch up with a few of the summer crew. Here is the detail on what we know about the boy written up by Dr Michael Brown with the red Ferrari 328 that you may have met.

Michael Brown here. Wanted to give you more information. I talked to this young man's mother and she said it was alright for me to give more information.

This guy is a former patient of mine (2 years ago) from Klamath Falls. He was playing football on November 5 this year and got a concussion. The CT scan showed a tumor. He followed up with OHSU peds (Doernbecher) and is scheduled for surgery on Monday December 7th. He will be traveling to Eugene meet other family members on Friday and will be in Salem on Saturday. This is a surprise for him and I will tell his mother to bring him to the Keizer Station Starbucks at 10:30.

The tumor is benign and has not caused any neuro deficits BUT it is located in the brainstem. Because of the location, outcomes range from total success to severe deficits (paralyzed). Death is another option.

He is 15 years old, a straight "A" student and loves cars. Unfortunately, the mother is a nurse and is very well aware of the risks. He is off school during this time and has been getting more anxious (of course) about the situation.

We do NOT need to donate money or anything. Merely a get together to take pics and I will probably give him a ride around the vicinity.

Of course, it would be very nice to see all you guys. please DO NOT feel obligated. I know it is a busy time - that is why I wasn't going to post on F-chat.

Sorry for the short notice on this one. It was a spur of the moment thing to do as a suprise for the young man on his way up from K Falls to OHSU.

We ended up with a good turn out. Here is a photo bucket of the morning.

Comment

Looks like the young man had a lot of fun. Wish I was closer. I really need to think about finding one of these to go too.

Comment

Working...
      X