AIV Performance Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIV Performance Information

Since buying my 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, I've tried to learn as much as I can about the car short of taking it apart to see what makes it tick. I've run across some very nice sources of information over the years and want to post them here for others to enjoy.

This first is an article written by Mike Clements. Before he sold his Panoz and went to live on a remote desert isle, I asked him permission to post it on another website which he said was fine as long as he was acknowledged as author. I'm sure he would have no objection to it being posted here. Please enjoy but be sure to give Mike the credit he deserves for a well written piece. By the way, you can still find his time with his AIV roadster on www.dragtimes.com. I have the list of mods that he had done to the car, with the rational for them, and will try to post them later.
    Attached Files
    1. 1999 Panoz AIV roadster, SCT Xcal2, LDC cooling mod
    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant
    3. 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman

For those of you with AIV roadsters, 1997-1999, there are a couple very good books you will probably want to own.

The first is

This will tell you about many of the strengths and weaknesses of our engines and performance modifications for them.

The second book is by Richard Holdener and consists almost entirely of comparison dyno graphs of stock engines compared to specific modifications he does. Not all of these are the DOHC SVT engines but still the information of what really works is well worth the price.

More later. Enjoy!
    2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Good information and thanks for taking the time to post. Look forward to seeing the mods on Mike Clements Roadster once posted. Also upon your recommendation, I joined Modular Fords forum this past weekend. As you say, a great site with loads of useful information. Thanks again.

Comment

Mike's performance mods

As promised, here are the performance mods that Mike did on his Panoz. These, as he says, are pretty conservative bolt ons and weight reduction mods.
        Attached Files
        2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
          As promised, here are the performance mods that Mike did on his Panoz. These, as he says, are pretty conservative bolt ons and weight reduction mods.
          Very good write up and discription to some clean modifications.

Comment

Some useful data

Sullivan Performance put together this information on the Ford modular engines. Some nice information listed here.

2. 2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by 99PanozAIV View Post
              Sullivan Performance put together this information on the Ford modular engines. Some nice information listed here.

http://www.sullivanperformance.com/YVS450/tech/tech.htm
              Good Find. Interesting some of th edifferences of the internals of our engines.

Comment

Working...
              X