New Member - Northern NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Northern NJ

I officially took delivery of my 2001 Esperante in beautiful Metallic Green.
    Attached Files

Congratulations! How did you find it?
    IkeCan
    1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
      Congratulations! How did you find it?
      Like most of us, I scan craigslist, ebay and hemmings. It came up in November. I finally reached out to the guy and bought it. The car was from NY outside manhattan, the dealer was in Massachusetts but then moved operations to Jacksonville Fl. So it was a complicated transaction to say the least!

Yesterday I put the top up for the first time, really looks great with the top up also!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NeedSpace; 07-24-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Good looking car. I wonder how many were built in that colour?

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

One of the more complicated seller situations.... It really is a stunning color.
          I put the top on my Roadster once before I bought it and haven't put it on since. I am lucky to live in Florida with year round top down weather.
          IkeCan
          1998 Triple Black Roadster AIV, 2018 AMG GTC Roadster

Comment

Originally posted by IkeCan View Post
            One of the more complicated seller situations.... It really is a stunning color.
            I put the top on my Roadster once before I bought it and haven't put it on since. I am lucky to live in Florida with year round top down weather.
            Ditto, I just want to make sure it goes up in case it rains, otherwise, it won't be up at all!

I have no idea how many, is this something we can figure out. Much of the reason I bought this particular car was because of the color, fell in love with it (never a good idea!). It is funny because apparently my car was the car photographed for the cover of autoweek. But who knows.

https://jimsmegamagazines.com/autowe...k/p-32476.html

Comment

Originally posted by NeedSpace View Post
              Ditto, I just want to make sure it goes up in case it rains, otherwise, it won't be up at all!

I have no idea how many, is this something we can figure out.
              There is a registry on this site but it is so thin that it isn't much help at this point. Blue and red are the colours I see most often.

It is a good idea to cycle the top a few times a year to keep the seals in the pistons from dying out. It is a real pain to have to replace them!

Comment

Originally posted by CraigT View Post
                There is a registry on this site but it is so thin that it isn't much help at this point. Blue and red are the colours I see most often.

It is a good idea to cycle the top a few times a year to keep the seals in the pistons from dying out. It is a real pain to have to replace them!
                Oh good to know, what is the symptoms of bad pistons?

Comment

Oh good to know, what is the symptoms of bad pistons?
                  If you get air in the cylinder or the fluid leaks out then the roof will be very slow to go up and down. It normally takes about 13 seconds so it isn't speedy to start off with!

Comment

Originally posted by CraigT View Post
                    If you get air in the cylinder or the fluid leaks out then the roof will be very slow to go up and down. It normally takes about 13 seconds so it isn't speedy to start off with!
                    CraigT you are the man! you have just diagnosed one of my problems, the convertible top is SUPER slow. I suspect you cannot bleed the system? are there any instructions on how to do this available? The Panoz is my only powered convertible top, would be cool to learn how to do this.

Comment

CraigT you are the man! you have just diagnosed one of my problems, the convertible top is SUPER slow. I suspect you cannot bleed the system? are there any instructions on how to do this available? The Panoz is my only powered convertible top, would be cool to learn how to do this.
                      There is the official way and there is the way that worked for me because I do not have 3 year old tiny hands on 50 year old arms! The instructions are the first post in the library / documents section. I did not bother with trying to detach the arms from the cylinders. I just opened the bleed hole on the pump and refilled, cycled the top a few times and refilled again. If you find that the fluid is very low then that was likely your problem as some had leaked out.

You are best to remove the bolts holding down the pump holder to the trunk. It is easier to work loose the drain plug and then re-insert it again.
                      Last edited by CraigT; 07-28-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Bleeding the power top

Hello from Wayne NJ there is a bulletin that Panoz sent me for my 2005 GTLM.
                        If you email me @ panozesperante@yahoo.com I can send it to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X