Just purchase "as new" Panoz in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchase "as new" Panoz in Texas

I am very excited to say that I just bought a candy apple red metallic Panoz Esperante. I had been looking for one for the last couple of years and had a collection of cars spanning from old Porsches to newer ones. Let me first say that after selling my 1964 Porsche 356SC, I had some initial regret, UNTIL I discovered a barn find 5 minutes from my house...a 2002 Panoz Esperante that had been covered in the garage for over 10 years with only 6000 miles on it. It was purchased new at a Lamborghini dealer in Jordan, Utah. I had never been in a Panoz but my goal was to find a car that I could drive every day and be as reliable as a Lincoln Town Car. Well, let me just say, this car is it. I never imagined how much of a smile I would have on my face the first time I heard the Magnaflow exhaust roar as I took off for the very first time. Instant smile from ear to ear. Gave me goose bumps. I purchased the car last month and have already put almost 4000 miles on it. The pride in owning an American made car that looks every bit as European as a Maserati or Lotus is the best feeling because it is representative of everything that I believe Panoz was working to accomplish back when they had the vision for the car. Everywhere I go, I get stopped. "What is that?" "I have never heard of it" "Wow, what a beautiful car!" It happens everywhere. The quality of the build and the paint are phenomenal. The power from the Cobra motor is terrific and the handling is every bit as good as my 1989 Carrera 4. The top keeps it quiet in the cabin and I can have my conference calls at 75 mph no problem. I plan on driving this car for many years and am confident that I will have over 200k miles on it in then next 4 to 5 years. I want this to be the highest mileage Panoz ever and show what the Americans can build. This car was meant to be driven and that's exactly what I will do with it. Congratulations to Panoz. I wish them well in their endeavors to get on the map again!

Congratulations on the acquisition of your Panoz.
    I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come.
    Where about in Texas are you located?
    I am in the Hill Country with a Supercharged AIV Roadster (amongst other cars).
    Welcome to the group.

Comment

I am in living in Bee Caves/Lakeway area. Would be great to get the cars out for a run or maybe Kars and Koffee at the Oasis?

Comment

Great to see a new owner , i have a 2002 and i just love it . Hope all goes well for you . From illinois . Timefly

Comment

Working...
        X