Esperante with torque thrust wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esperante with torque thrust wheels

I recently had new wheels installed on my Esperante. The previous owner had installed wheels that were wider than stock, which was causing the wheels to scrape on something whenever I made a sharp turn. So I got new wheels installed that are the factory original size. That solved the scraping issue! The original wheels were 17”x9” and the new ones are 17”x8”. The tires are the factory original size and they actually fit both wheel widths.

Attached are some pics of the car with the new wheels, and one pic with the original wheels. I chose wheels that look like the ones from classic American muscle cars like the Mustang; the torque thrust style.
    The new ones have thick curvy spokes that match the curves of the car, and they're dark grey which matches the dark grey interior.

I love the way it turned out. Not to mention that I can arrive at a car show now and park without hearing a loud scraping sound, haha.

Trevor
    Attached Files

Your wheels

I like the look of your wheels , what tires do you have ?

I had problems with the chrome on mine so we removed it and painted them with gray epoxy . They are easy to keep clean now but yours look better i believe

walt

Comment

Thanks, Walt. I am using BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires. I haven't really formed an opinion of them yet, though.

By the way, I was talking with Panoz recently and apparently they tried a number of different wheel sizes as standard equipment over the years, so I just wanted to clarify this, since in my post above I said that 17"x8" were the standard. My mistake.
      I do like the 17"x8" though, because there's much less chance of the wheels/tires rubbing on the body or chassis.

Comment

Tires

I have conteninal dw tires i really like them . Mine do not rub on corners or bumps . Mine are 17" by 9" wheels .

Had another problem with fuel delivery found it to be inertia switch passed some current but had resistance so i had very low power . Bought a used switch out of a mustang . So far it runs great . Just back from a 30 mile blast .

Comment

Working...
        X