Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had their Esperante shocks rebuilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had their Esperante shocks rebuilt?

My 2004 Esperante GTLM shocks need a rebuild, and I'm curious what to expect cost-wise. They are apparently Hoss (?) brand, not the Bilsteins I thought, so it's hard getting parts. Anyone have this done?

No, but mine need to be rebuilt as well. The best description I have gotten from Panoz so far is "red penske." I was hoping to be able to just buy new ones and avoid having to wait on shipping to GA and back (if the cost is reasonable) but, like you, haven't found enough information to go on.

Comment

Looking at the parts manual in the 'library', it appears as though there are 3 different shocks used which I am assuming depends on model.

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

Ya, I looked through the parts catalogs, but there weren't terribly much help. Only one Penske is listed on the regular Esperante catalog (PZE0-5037-A). Oddly, all three catalogs seem to mention only Multimatic or Penske shocks, not Bilstein or Hoss.

Comment

From an earlier thread it sounds like jrdtuning.com sells replacement shocks.

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

Just talked to Johan, he is going to see if he can find some shocks for me and what it might take to rebuild.

Not sure if anyone knows the details required or looked at this, but the link below looks like an appealing option as well.

The #1 choice for custom suspension systems! Multiple valving options, from non-adjustable shocks (for cruising) to double adjustable shocks (for drag racing).

Comment

Penske can rebuild them if thats what you have.
              If they are the Multimatic (blue in color), there as guy in SoCal that can rebuild them. PM me and I will pass along his info.

Comment

Mine are definitely Penske, I am just trying to avoid any downtime given that the weather is finally nice.

Comment

I believe I have the Multimatic and they also need to be rebuilt. Given their age, I'm guessing everyone's shocks need to be rebuilt. I'd love the SoCal rebuilder's contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                    I believe I have the Multimatic and they also need to be rebuilt. Given their age, I'm guessing everyone's shocks need to be rebuilt. I'd love the SoCal rebuilder's contact info.
                    According to my window sticker my car also has Multimatic, can I get the SoCal rebuilders info as well.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to share that Jamie at Panoz gave me the following information to have my shocks rebuilt:

Ryan Howel at Carl Haas Auto
                      DSSV™ damping technology was pioneered in 2002 when it helped to win five Champ Car championships. DSSV™ is the damper of choice for race teams around the globe, including an astonishing 25 of the 60 entries in the 2016 24 Hours of LeMans including 3 of the 4 division winners.Additional motorsport applications include:Factory installation on:Ford GTFord Mustang GT4Multimatic-Riley Mk. 30Ford GT350 R-CLolaHPD (Honda Performance Development) LMP1 and LMP2Ferrari 458 and 488 GT3 and GTLMAston Martin Vulcan AMR ProMazda Team Joest RT24-P DPiSelection as “spec” damper for:DTM (German Touring Car – Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters)Ferrari 458 ChallengeUSF2000’s premiere Championship ClassTatuus USF-17Tatuus PM-18Global Mazda MX-5 CupIndy LightsCarl Haas Automobile Imports, Inc. sells a wide range of Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSV™) dampers, parts and service. For all your Multimatic Dynamic Suspension part needs, please call us at (847) 634-8200.

Hope this helps someone...

Comment

Working...
                      X