Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Top Issue

Hi all,

Just got my car back from the shop and was about to take some pictures so I can sell it when I found a new issue: Suddenly the top won't go down!! The fuses are good, the brake light is working on the dash, and the top up button causes the lights to flicker as if power is going to the motor. The down button however does absolutely nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Cme0015 View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my car back from the shop and was about to take some pictures so I can sell it when I found a new issue: Suddenly the top won't go down!! The fuses are good, the brake light is working on the dash, and the top up button causes the lights to flicker as if power is going to the motor. The down button however does absolutely nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    What work did the shop do to the car? Any chance they disconnected power to the pump in the trunk?

Panoz Esperante, Maserati Quattroporte, Tesla S

Comment

Originally posted by CraigT View Post
      What work did the shop do to the car? Any chance they disconnected power to the pump in the trunk?
      They shouldn't have. The only work the shop did was attempting to install some new HID headlights from Panoz. These didn't actually fit if you know anyone that wants them.

Comment

They shouldn't have. The only work the shop did was attempting to install some new HID headlights from Panoz. These didn't actually fit if you know anyone that wants them.
        Do you hear the pump motor running when you move the switch up or down? If not then I would check the voltage to the motor with the switch being toggled to try and isolate where the fault might be.

How long since you operated the top? If the car has been in storage then you may need to bleed the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigT View Post
          Do you hear the pump motor running when you move the switch up or down? If not then I would check the voltage to the motor with the switch being toggled to try and isolate where the fault might be.

How long since you operated the top? If the car has been in storage then you may need to bleed the pump.
          The top has been down within the last month or so, certainly no more than 60 days. The motor seems to try (lights dim) when I hit the up switch, but down does nothing at all.

Comment

The top has been down within the last month or so, certainly no more than 60 days. The motor seems to try (lights dim) when I hit the up switch, but down does nothing at all.
            I would take a meter and see if you have 12v at the pump when you trigger the switch in each direction. You can then work backwards to see where the fault is.

Comment

I don't know anything about diagnosing the top issue. However I am curious about your vehicle year, model, serial number and any details if you are still selling.

Comment

Working...
              X