A Panoz for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Panoz for sale

Interesting that Amanda is at an auto pawn location. Unrealistic price with the black one on ebay going for thousands less. I would rather have the black one.

I have been through Longmont so many times, strange to find one for sale there. These cars appear in the most random places it seems.

Looks like that car has been sold to a different dealership. It's on cars.com advertised by Booth Motors now for about $39,000.

Comment

I agree, they end up at dumpy used lots....

why is this? I assume the big dealerships know they have no value and the little guys thinks it is cool to have and then cannot sell it either...dogdoc

Comment

I disagree that dealerships cannot sell it. It's not that they can't sell it, it's that they can't sell it quick enough.
        These cars sit on their lot longer than they want taking up space that other cars could use that will sell faster. These are rare cars that not many people know about, so it takes a while to sell them.
        I have owned another very rare hand-built sports car, a Noble M12, and that car was in the same boat, they take a while to sell. But when I did find the right buyer, I got a fair price.
        Taking a while to sell is just one of the prices of having such a rare car. But I don't buy my cars thinking about selling them, I buy the cars that I want.

But at any rate, the best way to sell a rare car like this is by displaying it locally. Go to car shows and post flyers on it. If someone at the show doesn’t want it, they might know a car buddy who would. These cars are hugely impressive and beautiful in person.
        Posting it on cars-for-sale websites doesn't really help because most people search used car websites by a certain brand, and if they've never heard of a brand then it's hard to search for it.
        Obviously guys that already know about Panoz can search directly for them, but unfortunately, we in the know make up only a small portion of the sports car buying population. Of course, a reasonable asking price never hurts either.

Dogdoc, I completely disagree with your statement that the cars have “no value”. See above for my reasoning. Considering that I am one of the handful of people who has actually bought an Esperante within the past year or so, I should know what the value is, and it is definitely not nothing.

Comment

Sorry to disagree with you...but I respect your opinion!

When I say they have no value; I mean they have no value as to a buy for the vast majority of sports car enthusiasts; let's call it what it is; a beautiful car that IF you can get someone to drive one they may be hooked....but NO one stumbles on this marque; you have to be LOOKING for one. I am an original owner of a GT, and SO MANY folks stop me to talk about it BUT they never sold and still do not sell now, and I have BEEN following this car brand for several years! It is NOT that they do not sell quickly, they do not sell, period, and when they do it's been a LONG time. I can track almost every Panoz that is currently for sail and almost all of them have been up for sale for over a year, many pushing 2 years; how do I know, b/c several of the owners have contacted me on what market to try.

Yes, it takes the right buyer but the right buyer is VERY FEW and FAR between on this car. Moreover, let's be clear, these care were about $89K-$123K new,(now they want $189-225) and now you can steal one for $30K or so, that my friend is no real value in collecting, the value is in the performance and beauty of the car so if you want one and buy one at these low prices you have tremendous value as a sports car BUT I never buy cars for what might be a collector and hence I do not see this car going up in value at all;maybe one day way off in the future; hell we cannot even get support from the factory for those of us out here; it is a shame for sure....but I appreciate your feedback as well. This is just my .02 , not that I am right. I am just so frustrated with the Panoz brand b/c I think it is the most awesome car I have EVER owned; and like many here I have owned a lot of sports cars including, an Aston,Lotus,Maserati, several Corvettes and so I just do not get the lack of marketing or inclusiveness as it is such a small circle of us. We could be good will ambassadors for the marque if they would reach out to us...dogdoc
          Last edited by dogdoc97; 09-06-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

That's why I just ordered a McLaren 650s got tired of trying to figure them out

That's why I just ordered a McLaren 650s got tired of trying to figure Panoz out
            Went to grand opening went back next day, really did not get the business plan
            Would have purchased an Abruzzi if I felt they were serious about building cars.
            I also think it was a mistake to remove Danny from the business.
            Many people have a great respect for him when it comes to Panoz Cars and without
            him they will have a very hard time. This is a business built on Passion
            Joy 2 Drive

QUOTE=dogdoc97;2381]When I say they have no value; I mean they have no value as to a buy for the vast majority of sports car enthusiasts; let's call it what it is; a beautiful car that IF you can get someone to drive one they may be hooked....but NO one stumbles on this marque; you have to be LOOKING for one. I am an original owner of a GT, and SO MANY folks stop me to talk about it BUT they never sold and still do not sell now, and I have BEEN following this car brand for several years! It is NOT that they do not sell quickly, they do not sell, period, and when they do it's been a LONG time. I can track almost every Panoz that is currently for sail and almost all of them have been up for sale for over a year, many pushing 2 years; how do I know, b/c several of the owners have contacted me on what market to try.

Yes, it takes the right buyer but the right buyer is VERY FEW and FAR between on this car. Moreover, let's be clear, these care were about $89K-$123K new,(now they want $189-225) and now you can steal one for $30K or so, that my friend is no real value in collecting, the value is in the performance and beauty of the car so if you want one and buy one at these low prices you have tremendous value as a sports car BUT I never buy cars for what might be a collector and hence I do not see this car going up in value at all;maybe one day way off in the future; hell we cannot even get support from the factory for those of us out here; it is a shame for sure....but I appreciate your feedback as well. This is just my .02 , not that I am right. I am just so frustrated with the Panoz brand b/c I think it is the most awesome car I have EVER owned; and like many here I have owned a lot of sports cars including, an Aston,Lotus,Maserati, several Corvettes and so I just do not get the lack of marketing or inclusiveness as it is such a small circle of us. We could be good will ambassadors for the marque if they would reach out to us...dogdoc[/QUOTE]

Comment

enjoy your new ride!

That is a beautiful car! Enjoy in good health, Dogdoc

Comment

Originally posted by dogdoc97 View Post
                That is a beautiful car! Enjoy in good health, Dogdoc
                Should have it by the end of the year!
                McKensie Joy will not be happy for a while

Comment

So, I am new today to these blogs re Panoz. I am thinking about purchasing an Esperante base convertible for about $40,000, approx 3,000 miles, but I am concerned about servicing for them and cost of parts and labor. There is very little on the internet regarding reliability, other than to say they use a Ford drive train and parts are "readily accessible." For those of you who have had their Panoz's for a few years, do you find that they are a reliable vehicle? What type of repair facility do you take them to? (I know nothing about auto repair). Is the cost to repair/service comparable to a Ford, or more attuned to a Mercedes or BMW? Or worse yet, to a Porsche? I was ready to buy a 5 year old 911 until I spoke to several people about repair costs. Ouch !!!! Any help would be appreciated. I love the exterior design, and I can live with the dash arrangement, but what I can't live with are exorbitant repair bills. I've owned 5 year old and older Jaguar XJSs and Mercedes 500SLs. I'm done with that game, but I love a beautiful car that has a little pep to it. Just sold my 2006 Corvette with only 28,000 miles on it and I'm raring to find me a new baby.

Comment

The mechanicals are all Ford Mustang and parts are easy and inexpensive to source. The money will be in body/frame issues, but so long as you don't crash your car then you can expect years of typical Ford Mustang reliability and costs and can be serviced by any reputable Ford dealer.

In this regard, the Esperante is great value for money in a way that cannot be compared to Porsche, MB, Audi or other luxury brands.

Comment

Thanks for your response. It sounds like the Panoz is the way to go if you want something unique, powerful, beautiful, but won't cost you an arm and a leg to maintain. I have found 6 or 7 Esperante base convertibles currently for sale around the country online, but I wondered if you would share your favorite sites, in case I've missed them. Also, seems that you find a 2001- 03 asking the same price as an 06, sometimes higher, all with mileage below 15,000. I guess because of the scarcity, the older model years can bring the same as a newer model? Any advice you might offer in finding and buying one would be appreciated. Of course, paying $35,000 for an Esperante vs $50,000 for a "like car" makes more sense to me, as far as I'm concerned, that's a major spread!

Comment

Originally posted by dwheater View Post
                        Thanks for your response. It sounds like the Panoz is the way to go if you want something unique, powerful, beautiful, but won't cost you an arm and a leg to maintain. I have found 6 or 7 Esperante base convertibles currently for sale around the country online, but I wondered if you would share your favorite sites, in case I've missed them. Also, seems that you find a 2001- 03 asking the same price as an 06, sometimes higher, all with mileage below 15,000. I guess because of the scarcity, the older model years can bring the same as a newer model? Any advice you might offer in finding and buying one would be appreciated. Of course, paying $35,000 for an Esperante vs $50,000 for a "like car" makes more sense to me, as far as I'm concerned, that's a major spread!
                        Look at www.panozbuyersguide.com for all the cars for sale on the internet at the moment.

Comment

All the pieces I have bought from Panoz, I have thought all were reasonably priced, saying that, I havnt bought major body parts. And it's all been available.
                          Obviously the Ford parts are easy and cheap.

Comment

DW, buy the car!

Expense will not be an issue as said UNLESS you wreck it; my car is very reliable and as John at thefactory said once; "jump in and drive to California, not sure you can do that with a Ferrari". It is a pleasure and an honor to own one for me; and as far as the Corvette you owned....I had 3 and they NEVER got the attention or questions that this car will bring! Dogdoc

PS hold out for a lower price, most have been in the $30's unless it is a GT or GTLM.

PSS One Panoz guy that had 3 now just called me tonite and bought his 4th, 2003 with a bout 24K miles for $28K!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X