Panoz display car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoz display car

Pretty cool but not sure what I would do with it. Maybe Leno or the Pederson Museum are the right buyers.

Attached Files

Leno typically doesn't go looking for cars. Unique cars find him. It'd be worth it to contact Big Dog Garage to see if they'd be interested in buying part of American car history. Otherwise, you're right on track for thinking about museums. You might find an eccentric collector, but the chances are low.

Best of luck that this piece of history makes you some coin AND gets to be someplace that people get to view it and appreciate the can-do spirit of America.

Comment

There was one of these at the Chicago area dealer until about 2008. At 25 grand, it surely would be an expensive paperweight. With complete cars selling in the $20's and $30's, there is no logic in trying to make this a running car. Realistically, there is so little to start with, a chassis, two fenders, one door, one seat that can't be matched anymore and an incomplete engine. If only Panoz could sell you the other half of the bumpers, the hood, the trunk, etc, etc, etc. Everything else has to be sourced, and I doubt all the parts are truly available anyway. An interesting piece of history, or maybe saw it down the middle and hang it on a garage wall.
      2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM, 1958 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite, 1967 Iso Grifo, 1969 Morris Mini Cooper S, 1974 Jensen Healey, 1981 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston, 1991 Lotus Elan, 2002 Mercedes Benz G500, 2004 Lotus Esprit, 2014 Jaguar F-Type, 2012 Audi Q7 TDI (the tow vehicle)

Comment

Would like to know If an Abruzzi body would fit it, and if I could even get the body.

Looks like there is no wiring harnesses brake or fuel lines.
        No ECU ABS units.
        No AC/heater
        No glass, dash, or top

Comment

Here it is on Hemming's, was listed for $21000, now $10000.

Comment

Working...
          X